Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

My car is satan :@

hey guys

fuel pump is fine and now its still not starting .... lol

there is absolutely no spark to any of the spark plugs.

we have checked the dizzy cap and all is fine and dry

all connections are fine .....

so wtf

any one know what the michael is going on

cheers guys

Check whether you are getting power to the coil. There should be 12 volts plus at the primary connection (the smaller wire) when the ignition is on. Check that first. Then start checking your fuses.

Edited by ducatiss

Check whether you are getting power to the coil. There should be 12 volts plus at the primary connection (the smaller wire) when the ignition is on. Check that first. Then start checking your fuses.

i had nightmares like this with my car, it turned out to be fuel relay problems and the ignition. i had to run a jump wire to bypass the fuel relay which meant when the ignition was on the feul pump was on always but the car ran. in the end i got my ignition rewired which essentially meant (like ducattis said) that we made sure power was getting to the coil.

take a jump wire from the positive side of the battery to the positive side of the coil, see if your car starts now. it's the ignition

or run a wire from the positive side of the ignition fuse to the negative side of the fuel pump fuse, if it starts now, it's the fuel pump relay

so lets assume is the ignition ?

as there is no spark

how on earth am i fixing it ?

prices involved here lol

cause fuel pump has been replaced and if it still packs up then well check its relay

but the ignition

whats the plan for that ?

cheers .... ( will steve from sherson know ) since he knows alot. hes helpd me out 13 times now since last year

Dont just assume its ignition - test it first. It may be something as simple as a broken wire, or a bad connection from your ignition switch to your coil ( I have the same issue on my old 325i) In which case it wont be too hard to fix. But you need to spend the time to go thru the diagnostics first. By absolutly ruling out one thing, you can then go onto the next.