Sign in to follow this  
m325i

help me *sic

Know much about type R integras?

Weaknesses?

Things to look out for?

overall impressions?

NZHondas.

practically indestructable.. usually thrased and vt@ked many a time so get it checked out even thou they are pretty bulletproof.

nice and quick tho.. for NA

check out NZHondas.com thou for a WHOLE lot more info

Know much about type R integras?

Weaknesses?

Things to look out for?

overall impressions?

Test drove a DC2 Type R About 2 months ago, meh, would never buy one, good power, sh*t handling, I'd own a BMW anyday, invest in a cheap E30 M3 that'd be my pick seeing as a good (define: un-thrashed by numb skull boy racer) Teg is around the same price.

sh*t handling,

what the hell?...

must have been a sh*t heap..

they handle mint. little understeer here and there, but to be expected, for a standard car they are resonable, with a few bolt ons they are great and the aftermarket parts for the b18CRs are HUGE.

Are the 'R' badges as commonly misused as 'M' badges are on BMWs?

How do you know its a real R, I guess is what I mean...

will be rocking a B18CR engine.

google is your friend.

and YES the badges are put on everything!..

haha there is a pic on here for my old computer case with a type R sticker it was gay as, added 10hp at the harddrive thou

what the hell?...

must have been a sh*t heap..

they handle mint. little understeer here and there, but to be expected, for a standard car they are resonable, with a few bolt ons they are great and the aftermarket parts for the b18CRs are HUGE.

E30 M3 still Pawns any honda, it should also say what it is on the VIN Plate? Edited by sakdbma

are km's an issue?

What happens if they are vt@k'd out? I haven't heard of any type r engines popping?

post-18-1140391077.jpg

Guest Andrew

Just like to comment - that vintage integra and my e30 both in race car trim are identical in terms of handling and speed - the integras get round the track a different way - but with the same end result.

The K20A (i think is the engine code) powered type R (perhaps in DC5) are insane - they are retardedly fast and vt@k and pwn the f**k out of me.

are km's an issue?

What happens if they are vt@k'd out? I haven't heard of any type r engines popping?

high kms, yea well depends on the maintenance of the car.. owner, raced?.. etc

all the internal parts are replaceable with new typre R parts...

but its pretty uncommon for them to pop.

i havent heard of it... only turbos.. but then that only in drags..

ie ronnie lim.. but he f**ks gear boxes more than anything.. he runs standard boxes with 400+HP

Just like to comment - that vintage integra and my e30 both in race car trim are identical in terms of handling and speed - the integras get round the track a different way - but with the same end result.

The K20A (i think is the engine code) powered type R (perhaps in DC5) are insane - they are retardedly fast and vt@k and pwn the f**k out of me.

mmm K20A

thats what the civic of gary has transplanted into it!

t u f f (notice incorrect spelling for effect)

Edited by *sic

hondas are bulletproof

ive seen a few of these with no engine work done apart from a turbo bolted on being driven very (VERY) hard. they love it.

i met a guy a while ago that has done a few conversions, honda engine into E36 bmws. bolt on a turbo kit and bobs your nana, fast strong engine.

while a lot of people here wont like that, you have to admit it can be a cheap / safe way to insert big HP into a bmw.

Too much Best Motoring for me.

Under a 100,000km and your pretty sweet?

Nothing really to look out for then? NZ Honda is sht. there's so much crap to wade through. I just want an info thread on type r's. What to look out for, common faults etc.

They are still quite dear though. Spose i should drive one.

Nothing really to look out for then? NZ Honda is sht. there's so much crap to wade through. I just want an info thread on type r's. What to look out for, common faults etc.

under 100 hell yea your fine, just get a cam belt (if not done)

drive one.

go to allmotor.com also.

I had one for 4 yrs, never had a problem with it at all. Hondas aren't like BMWs, each model doesn't have a big list of things that commonly go wrong with them or need constant maintaining.

The only things I can think of are leaky cam seals and fuel pump relays that make them hard to start when hot. Oh and the dip stick tubes can come loose after lots of track time.

The ITR is usually refered to as the best handling FWD around, it would certainly out handle any BMW I've driven.....

I had one for 4 yrs, never had a problem with it at all. Hondas aren't like BMWs, each model doesn't have a big list of things that commonly go wrong with them or need constant maintaining.

The only things I can think of are leaky cam seals and fuel pump relays that make them hard to start when hot. Oh and the dip stick tubes can come loose after lots of track time.

The ITR is usually refered to as the best handling FWD around, it would certainly out handle any BMW I've driven.....

Yes, this is what i have heard.

What are the crap things about them? ie why don't you still have it?

Edit: I found the site http://www.itrsport.com/

Edited by m325i

I wish I still had it!! Only real problem (even then more of a minor irritation than a full on problem) was it wasn't the best for long distance cruising - a little harsh riding and noisy. Was super economical though!

feel the love.

Get a Vanos :mosh: , or find a Type R that hasn't spend it's life bouncing off the Rev limiter.

Tui billboard

Trademe, for sale , H*nda Type R vtec , never been thrashed.....

Yeah Right !

Get a Vanos :mosh: , or find a Type R that hasn't spend it's life bouncing off the Rev limiter.

Tui billboard

Trademe, for sale , H*nda Type R vtec , never been thrashed.....

Yeah Right !

the thing is they live for it.

high reving engines that last = honda.

Test drove on of those very early 1800 versions , engine still had those wire lock tabs that you see on some prodie racing vechiles, straight from some Japan series . Was impressed by the sky high rev limit...... Almost as good as a modded e30 m3. Had a ride comfit that would rattle your fillings out. Best sub 2.0 performance car I've driven.

Anyway , why aren't you driving a bimmer ? (or do you ?).

Also while we're at it that CBR 250 RRRRRR needs to go ... Ducati is the way ..... :P

A couple I looked at had both leaked oil around the CAM covers , and one had CV issues , but I suspect the CV issues one had done about 200,000 ks more than was on the clock.

Also while we're at it that CBR 250 RRRRRR needs to go ... Ducati is the way ..... :P

wanna be my sponsor for the ducati then?

That's what family are for , I'll sell you mine for 40k if you like.

Edited by Neal