Sign in to follow this  
buzzlightyear

adjusitlbe suspension

is it possible to get a coil over for a E30? for all them no it alls how do you make a bmw handle like a race car?

Edited by buzzlightyear

So first you insult all of the potential helpers by calling them "know it alls" (grammar and spelling corrected) and then you expect them to freely give their advice - GOOD ONE DUDE! :finger:

Suggestion: seeing as this is your first post, start a new profile with a different name, wait a week or two so we won't know it is you again, then try asking the same question in a less offensive manner, you will be amazed at the difference in response! :jap:

Edited by conrod

lol im sorry i was reading some of the questions and everyone seems to get ripped to pieces. so i figured why not just be a smart ass cause ill get ripped to pieces either way.

so is your question actually serious?what aspect of "race car" handling do you want?Race cars have totally different handling requirements than road cars.....

so i figured why not just be a smart ass

You anus.

Ask a silly question get a silly answer.

For a car to handle "like a race car".. (A) it will be to hard on the road as it is never as reliable as a racetracks surface, read pot holes, driveways, rocks, shitty surfaces.. nz road = sh*t.

You want something that is reasonable to get you round a corner nicely without feeling like your whale rider?..

Stiffen the chassis - many ways to do this, strut braces, roll bars, cage.. search the forum.

Lower the centre of gravity - see below and search the forum

Uprate the suspension via shocks and a good set of springs, nothing to hard or your spine will hate you.

Get good rubber.

/You anus.

ps piss off if your gonna come on with your first post like that.

Yeah but good advice.

jesus oviously another anger management freak

get a honda

Guest Andrew

jesus oviously another anger management freak

so basically your getting all defensive now because you didn't get a word of what *sic said.

Get some KYB gas struts and Jamex springs - will handle like a race car, in fact - thats what most the race car guys use.

im guessing king springs are sh*t. i've seen coil over kits just wondering if they are any good? jamex springs how much approximatly do they lower a standard E30? at the moment i have mine 75m lower than standard and 65mm in back and it hanldes sh*t as. gets very bad roll over and extremly bad under steer. want it to carve round corners like nothing.

Posted Image

Urethane bushes in the front and the back will help.

This was my misson last week, at my bat cave.

Tim and his Technicoloured Dream Car.

Dayum!!

Filtering through it all, *sic is right.

You want your car to handle like a racecar - great - it can be done, BUT it will drive dreadfully on normal NZ roads. Racecars are configured for racing tracks - nice smooth roads.

You want to lower your car so it will handle better - great - it can be done, BUT it will drive dreadfully on normal NZ roads IF you don't do it correctly.

All in all, it seems you'd just like the best cornering possible, is that correct?

Guest Andrew

Posted Image

Urethane bushes in the front and the back will help.

This was my misson last week, at my bat cave.

hahahahaha thats hillarious

ronald y0

I only painted it cause i was pulling the whole subframe apart anyway.

So much work involved in just doing that.I dont think i will do something like that for along time yet. Replace all bushes with purple powerflex goodness.

Stoped by to have a yarn to Dan. I got his thumbs up! and he is the e36 style king.

i got jamex 60mm lower in front and 40 at the back almost no under steer and it handles well well actually very well haha

it would be a very good combo with kyb struts but how much are they????

Big Mac combo please. with extra cheese

seriously tim..way too much spare time.

at least this dude realises that lower does not always equal good handling....springs arent as big a deal as having some decent shocks....get some bilsteins or konis in there and you will be chuffed...maybe 60mm drop all round?

like i want it really firm i can feel it wanting to slip out from under me if you know what i mean. its a whale and im riding it. i want it so i can drive to track day once my engine conversion and other secret stuff done and be able to race round track and have it handling respectible. i dont give two shits how bad it is on road cause its soon to be a weekend car. so far its KYB's or bilsteins what would be better out of the two? Or what about D2 adjusible product code D2-B11? if anyone knows what they like? or should i just buy a honda......?

D2s are terrible from what i hear, cheap and nasty.

for bang for buck, i'd go KYB again for sure. Nice shock. Ive got some semi-custom modified ones in mine. For what you're after, i think go a super low king spring/kyb setup. Nice entry level setup, and is avaliavle off the shelf in NZ. I'd probably run king springs in mine except they dont make them and i got jamex mega cheap.

Guest Spargo

D2s are terrible from what i hear, cheap and nasty.

Was okay for the mercedes DTM teams? (as in, DTM prototype racing, some 4-5years ago)

Was okay for the mercedes DTM teams? (as in, DTM prototype racing, some 4-5years ago)

i dont think they would use the one's that you can buy from the local homoco.

I'm now using Bose Turbo's in the front. They are ok but i havent had a wheel alignment since i have put them in. Which im looking forward to because the toe has gone slightly out.

I'm running kings low's aswell. I find this the prefect ride height for my street/highway application. If i could get a hold of some B+G super lows them i would install them. But i have other item's that are higher in the buying order.

Guest Andrew

like i want it really firm i can feel it wanting to slip out from under me if you know what i mean. its a whale and im riding it. i want it so i can drive to track day once my engine conversion and other secret stuff done and be able to race round track and have it handling respectible. i dont give two shits how bad it is on road cause its soon to be a weekend car. so far its KYB's or bilsteins what would be better out of the two? Or what about D2 adjusible product code D2-B11? if anyone knows what they like? or should i just buy a honda......?

then go the whole hog and get full race car suspension - it isn't even coilover yet but handles amazingly - would give all the coil over cars a run for thier money in most cases (cept where coil over people know how to set them up).

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detai...ID=E30TMSJSTOCK

Complete suspension kit -

Suits car with roll cage as you can feel the e30 flex around its suspension when all this stuff is in.