Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

325 Throttle body/bodies

Does anyone have any ideas for a bigger throttle body for a 325? I think I read somewhere that one off an M30 will fit? Can the M20 be bored out? Anyone done anything with individual throttle bodies? Andrew, what did you use on the intake side for your race car project? I understand that the standard TB is a limiting factor in producing power and any cam upgrades can be hamstrung by this.

i installed a bigger TB from e30zone (not the site, a user on there)

uses same size throttle plate as an m30, with the body bored out to match

made a bugger all difference...i really would not bother. i think the limiting side of the 325 intake is the port size (compare to s14 and you will see what i mean). having said that for high tune m20 (2.8 + other mods) its worth it....and for me i wanted it for the eventual turbo side of things

ITB"s are doable with after market management, but i really don't know how much gain for the hassle and $$ of setting them up

Hmmmn. You've just confirmed what I was thinking. As usual, hp = $.

hp per $ is what im all about

and i think stock is the best way to stay, unless you prepared to spend some serious coin to do things properly and get big power

hp per $ is what im all about

and i think stock is the best way to stay, unless you prepared to spend some serious coin to do things properly and get big power

Good call! ;)

You're quite correct, changing one item would make sod all difference, but this was part of an idea to upgrade quite a few different componenents. My main question was has anyone done it and how hard is it? Does it make sense to do along with other upgrades as I've read or, in the opinion of those who have done it (Gus), was it a waste of time. Cheers.

Engines are just air pumps

The more air you can get through a motor for the same RPM the higher the power (if you have the associated fuel)

Nice quote from the latest AA magazine. No, you are not the only person who reads it.