Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Mmmmmmm Internet

Just signed up for 10Mbps with a 40 Gb cap....looking forward to that kicking in tonight :-)

Especially as I get 40Gb of usage between now and my invoice date which is the 7th of April :D

whats the upload speed? with who? how much?

are you in NZ?

Lucky. Im really interested to hear your review of how good it is.

Guest Spargo

Lucky. Im really interested to hear your review of how good it is.

Academic. It appears to only be available in the boonies.

Martyn, you forget that the Auckland yobbos don't get cable, nothing like having the cable phone+tv+internet package especially during extreme weather conditions :D

Funny how our telco prices in Welly are better where cable is available...take note Andy

Martyn, you forget that the Auckland yobbos don't get cable

Dont have cable ?!?!

Are they all on dial-up or something :P

Telstra doesn't operate up there, I wonder if they've even heard of cable?

HAHAHA have you checked out the new plans that telecom are offering residential customers??? What a farce!!!

Highest download speed will be 3.5Mbs...haven't telstra offered a 10Mbps download speed since the dawn of paradise cable?

Edited by Carl

signed up the other day, can't get connected til the 18th of April

apparently they are flat tack as everyone has realised

just how bad they are getting ripped by telecom

HAHAHA have you checked out the new plans that telecom are offering residential customers??? What a farce!!!

Highest download speed will be 3.5Mbs...haven't telstra offered a 10Mbps download speed since the dawn of paradise cable?

Didnt need to check out the new plans as Ive been working on the project for the last three months !!

I think Telstra have offered 10Mbps for a while, but I think only since their last plan upgrade which was in October last year.

Yeah Telstra is all good. Martyn did the new plans get released very recently? I'll be shifting house soon & they didn't mention these new plans when I queried the process for moving etc.

It's Telstra-Saturn's network. First implemented in Wellington. Too expensive to roll-out anywhere else.

Auckland was last on the list, CHC, HAM, AKL was the schedule after WLG.

Yeah Telstra is all good. Martyn did the new plans get released very recently? I'll be shifting house soon & they didn't mention these new plans when I queried the process for moving etc.

This morning as far as I know. Didnt know anything about it, then had a friend tell me and this afternoon I got an email from them telling me that I was auto upgraded beacuse my old plan no longer exists.

However Id already upgraded and its actually working now never mind midnight :D

It's Telstra-Saturn's network. First implemented in Wellington. Too expensive to roll-out anywhere else.

AHAHAHA

hamz getting that thar in ter net before auckland?.. shite we still run round in grass skirts down here in the suburb of hamilton

AHAHAHA

hamz getting that thar in ter net before auckland?.. shite we still run round in grass skirts down here in the suburb of hamilton

There is things other than e-thugging to do in Auckland....

Guest Andrew

Meh - my DSL is rocking 500 Kbs yeehawww - And i'm 4.7 kms from the exchange - not that far away. sh*t loads of line attenuation and resistance. Average.

We need to move this bimmersport server to somewhere local - its bloody slow being hosted in america

should see if paradise will do it...aka telstra clear.....hey martyn wots your homepage traffic allowance hahahahaha

So. I have had no TV all night because of a sky satelite outage.

Guest Spargo

Me too, this is bullshit. I actually had to do uni work. Lame.

Which is why Im downloading all my tv from England.....currently at 650kb/s :D

Guest Andrew

f**king sky seriously - now I'M actually having to do uni work during the day instead of watching Road to Le Mans and Rides replays. Dammit.

How long is this outage for?

Noobs - who lets a solar eclipse f**k up thier sh*t hah.

SOLAR ECLIPSE INTERFERES WITH SATELLITE RESTORATION

The solar eclipse that occurred around midnight last night has interfered with and set back the restoration of SKY’s digital satellite service.

The eclipse blocked sunlight to the solar cells on the satellite requiring the cells to be recharged again after the eclipse and before the process of realigning the signal with earth could continue.

The satellite signal was lost after a routine positioning procedure to the satellite by Optus.

SKY and Optus immediately put into operation their signal recovery plans.

SKY Television’s CEO, John Fellet said “Our priority has been to get the service up and running. SKY and Optus staff have worked through the night to re-power the satellite and restore a signal to SKY. It’s a delicate process and it’s still continuing.”

SKY apologises for loss of SKY satellite services resulting from an outage on the Optus B1 Satellite that provides SKY’s signal.

Mr Fellet said that he did not expect customers to pay for a service they didn’t receive and SKY will remedy this with a credit to customer accounts.