Sign in to follow this  
m325i

ECU Chip

i want a chip. I refuse to believ that after 20 years you can't get a decent upgrade chip.

I would try an ebay one, but they are all for the 173 ECU. I cant find anyone who does one for the 073 ECU, (excet e30zone, but they are f**king me around).

So any help?

Not really interested in spending $500+ on a link or something, looking for a relatively cheap upgrade.

Am I dreaming?

let it go nick, let it go

i cant. i refuse to believe that there isnt one out there after 20 years.

I mean its not a complicated engine, someone must have mapped all the sh*t for a plugin chip.

What would you recomend then for sub $500 performance increase? Headers would be ok, but i dont want an exhaust, and therefore i would feel headers are a waste. (I love being able to kane around in stealth.)

why bother? seriously, why bother spending <$500?

For that $$ you will be hard pushed to find 10hp...which you will barely notice. headers make it really peaky (feels slower, why do you think i sold mine, although i now have another set).

just make sure she in good condition and just drive it...then spend a helluva lot going turbo. at least then you will notice the difference

although...if you change your diff to a lower ratio, and smaller size tyres (if you can get em) you be a little quicker. a nice 3.91 should do it. wouldnt worry about going the smaller case..if it breaks just put the LSD back in. and lock it if you want to be scum

Edited by Gus

keep tryin for the zone chip, Ant is a very busy guy but he is a good fella. he will look after you

keep tryin for the zone chip, Ant is a very busy guy but he is a good fella. he will look after you

really? i kept emailing and emailing, and he just stopped replying. Im not the naggy whingy type either. must be a busy fulla

really? i kept emailing and emailing, and he just stopped replying. Im not the naggy whingy type either. must be a busy fulla

pretty much dito.

pretty much dito.
Ditto

I had two chips, both didn't seem to work very well so sent them back with dyno print outs for a retune, that was December and I still haven't had anything back.

An easier option than Link is unichip, $1500 for installation and dyno tune, is what alot of the guys overseas have done and the flipside of the unichip is you can run a MAF instead of the AFM. Perhaps not as great as the Link but certainly a more simplem cheaper, and less fiddly solution.

Chipping cannot work as the chip makers claim. The idea that a slight change in fuel mixture or ignition timing can yield the sort of gains that most of tham claim is absurd. Dreaming? Yes, give it up.

Agree to a point but depends on the vehicle. Turbo vehicel can benefit hugely from chips. Look at what can be done with XR6 Trubo and other vehicles that have been "detuned" from factory. Early Gen IIIs are another case of this, holden deliberatly dropped power so they could increase it for each new model.