Sign in to follow this  
bumpstop325

E30 Car Jack Points

Posted Image

From r3vlimited. This will be useful for anyone, who is not too sue where they can jack their car up from and safely place axle stands under.

Little bit hard to position the jack under the pictured jacking points with the car on it's side. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS.

Using the floor jack on the chassis rails to lift the front of my car has caused my rails to get slightly bent, i'd advise that this may not be a good idea...everything else is spot on IMO

Guest Andrew

Using the floor jack on the chassis rails to lift the front of my car has caused my rails to get slightly bent, i'd advise that this may not be a good idea...everything else is spot on IMO

your joking? heh chassis rails aren't meant to "bend"

It's easily the strongest point on the bottom of the car along with all the subframes.

Andrew, you are too right, if your chassis rail is bent doesnt that affect WOF Requirments?

Diff I find is best for trolley jack, otherwise i have to use a scissor jack, car is to low for standard jack... :angry:

Edited by sakdbma

Andrew, you are too right, if your chassis rail is bent doesnt that affect WOF Requirments?

Diff I find is best for trolley jack, otherwise i have to use a scissor jack, car is to low for standard jack... :angry:

That's what I was told, if the chassis rail is too bent then it'll fail a WOF, mine have bent up so i've started to jack the bugger up from the control arm bushes instead which is slightly easier as sometimes depending on the surface the jack won't fit under the rails.