Sign in to follow this  
jon dee

WTB: BMW Style 216 Wheels - SORTED

Looking for a set of factory 216 wheels to suit 3 series e92

Front: 18 x 8 ET34 and Rear: 18 x 8.5 ET 37. Prefer good original condition but would consider wheels that need refurbishing if the price is right. No cracks, weld repairs bent or dented rims but stone chips, scratches and a bit of kerbing no problem.

Cheers

BMW style 216.png

Quite rare wheels, not because they’re overly desireable or anything but just hardly see them on the secondhand market. In saying that theyre quite a nice simple wheel that fit the e9x and also the e8x 1 series perfectly.

glw your search ill also keep an eye out

• Like 1

Thanks man. There are a few for sale off shore but by the time you pay the asking price, add shipping, GST and sundry other government perks, the landed cost is kind of high for used factory wheels. I'm a bit of  wheel whore and if 216's are too hard to find, after a while I will see something else I like and go after that. I like the 216 because it looks like it is made for GO and not just for SHOW :D 

Cheers...

its only worth $500-600 without tyres so definitely not worth spending a lot of money on. plenty of better wheels out there if you wanted to drop a couple grand or something.

Looking at a tidy set of style 195 wheels. $600 bare and $700 with runflats with reasonable tread. Not too different to the look I am after and could be tempted if nothing I like better pops up. I like driving on decent name brand tyres with a known history, so the plan is to get a set of new Potenza RE003's under the car when funds allow.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-3YivreqkLckqiQF5RPU

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
Added pic...

Got these in the garage now and apart from a bit of rash on one of the fronts, they are in really good nick. I can tidy up the rash until it is not noticeable, but they need some serious cleaning on the inside to remove a thick coating of brake dust. Anyone got a recommendation for a chemical that will help remove all or most of the brake dust without wrecking the paint ? Concentrated Simple Green perhaps ?

EDIT: I see CRC Mag Monster getting a good rep in the Detailing section, so I will grab a couple of cans and see how it goes.

Cheers...

195front01.JPG

195front02.JPG

Edited by jon dee
Answered my own question :)

True that :) The CRC stuff works just the same as the more expensive brands promoted on youtube. Spray it on, wait a couple of minutes until you have purple tinted gunk sliding down, and then hose off. Needs a bit of aggravation with a bush for heavy brake dust deposits but nothing major.

After a few nights spent researching PS4 vs Eagle F1 vs RE003 I ended up getting a wicked deal on a set of RE003 in OEM sizes. Never noticed that they were not directional until they were on the rims so possible to swap them side to side if needed. Also never noticed that the rears that were on the car were 265's until the wheels were off the car, so it will be interesting to drive the car on factory spec tyre sizes to see if BMW got it right :) 

Cheers...

RE003 front and rear.jpg

these?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/other/listing/2827998842?bof=Yy2hFbrt

On 9/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, jon dee said:

Looking for a set of factory 216 wheels to suit 3 series e92

Front: 18 x 8 ET34 and Rear: 18 x 8.5 ET 37. Prefer good original condition but would consider wheels that need refurbishing if the price is right. No cracks, weld repairs bent or dented rims but stone chips, scratches and a bit of kerbing no problem.

Cheers

BMW style 216.png

these?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/other/listing/2827998842?bof=Yy2hFbrt

Yusss.... those are the ones. Never picked them up as they are listed in a kind of strange place.  I already bought some other wheels and have them on the car, but I still have some interest in the Style 216 so I will contact the seller and see if I can work a deal. Thanks for the heads up :)

Cheers...

• Thanks 1

As I said before... I'm a bit of a wheel whore and I know what I like :D So I bought these without tyres and they will go under the bench until I find a use for them. They cleaned up OK... bit of kerbing but nothing that bothers me. I've never owned a set of wheels without a some kerbing, and if the thought of accidentally kerbing a wheel gives you nightmares, then better leave your car in the garage ?

Cheers...

Style 216 wheels 02.jpg