Sign in to follow this  
jon dee

Style 195 on a 335i E92

Just put these on and I quite like them. I think they suit the car better than the 189's  that were on from the factory. Got a new set of Potenza RE003's in the OEM 225/40-18 and 255/35-18 sizes and was out for a drive this afternoon to scrub them in a bit :)  New tyres are always better than old tyres but these surprised me by being almost totally silent on hotmix. Other than that they seem to do pretty much what it says on the box. I'll update this post when they have a couple of 1000kms on them.

Cheers...

195 wheels on 335i 01.JPG

• Like 1

I think they look good, certainly better on the car than in pictures. The RE003s are a solid choice, not the highest performers but bang for your buck nearly impossible to beat.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

I think they look good, certainly better on the car than in pictures. The RE003s are a solid choice, not the highest performers but bang for your buck nearly impossible to beat.

Yeah... I could have gone for a higher rating tyre but I'm not a good enough driver to justify $500 a corner.  And getting a good deal on the RE003's made it an easy decision :) I'll be giving them a run at Port Road next weekend and that should give me a better idea of how they perform.

Cheers...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon dee said:

Yeah... I could have gone for a higher rating tyre but I'm not a good enough driver to justify $500 a corner.  And getting a good deal on the RE003's made it an easy decision :) I'll be giving them a run at Port Road next weekend and that should give me a better idea of how they perform.

Cheers...

Yes I hear you re the money. I have some Michelin Pilot Sports on my E34 and they are a very nice tire, great feedback and high levels of grip, but I could get Re003's for up to 30% less and the reviews (Sold in the US as a Firestone Firehawk Indy 500) are pretty positive, as is my personal experience. That said I would like to try some Continental Contisportcontact 5Ps but $600 a corner is a lot of coin. 

Just to follow up on my previous post... yes, the RE003's worked well. They surprised me by how much grip they had in the wet and they also worked well in the dry. For someone like me who is over trying to stuff a spare set of wheels and a jack in the car for short sprint events, I like a tyre that I can drive to the event, compete and then drive home :) Sure there are better tyres out there and semi-slicks would shave a few seconds. But when a sprint event usually only provides a total of about 6 or7 minutes of actual racing time, RE003's are plenty good enough for a bit of all weather fun. Nice road tyre as well.

Cheers...

20-10-25 Port Road 01s.jpg

Edited by jon dee
  • Like 1