Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

E87 120d oil?

Recommended Posts

Hey do these have a DPF? 

2005 120d e87

WBAUG52050PE71978

I thought post 2006/07 they were equipping them with dpf.

Just doing a oil change for a friends car and wanted to know whether it's worth worrying about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 5:35 PM, 325_driver said:

Hey do these have a DPF? 

2005 120d e87

WBAUG52050PE71978

I thought post 2006/07 they were equipping them with dpf.

Just doing a oil change for a friends car and wanted to know whether it's worth worrying

No DPF on a 2005. They came out on MY 2007 onwards. 

Easiest way to tell is by the exhaust tip. If it points down to the ground, it has no DPF. If it comes straight out the back, it has a DPF. That's assuming the car still has the stock exhaust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F10er said:

No DPF on a 2005. They came out on MY 2007 onwards. 

Easiest way to tell is by the exhaust tip. If it points down to the ground, it has no DPF. If it comes straight out the back, it has a DPF. That's assuming the car still has the stock exhaust. 

Not true, our 2006 120d has a DPF and the ( original) exhaust points down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to RealOEM you should have option 200 if you have a DPF. That car does not have option 200, so shouldnt have a DPF.

RealOEM also indicates that the DPF equipped cars have a different rear muffler, but both still point down. There is another option if the car has a DPF and M Aero package together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all ...

Would have hated to do him a favor and the ended up being the opposite of a favour clogging up that filter haha.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 7:26 PM, 3pedals said:

Not true, our 2006 120d has a DPF and the ( original) exhaust points down 

I think you maybe confusing a DPF with a catalytic converter. Pre MY 07 had the catalytic converter. After that was a DPF to the best of my knowledge. I could be wrong though. Does your car have option code 200? Would be keen to learn if i am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Idea if it has option 200 , but I do know it does have a DPF , because the the guys at BM workshop confirmed when they serviced it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have to agree to disagree on that one.

Edited by F10er

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3pedals said:

No Idea if it has option 200 , but I do know it does have a DPF , because the the guys at BM workshop confirmed when they serviced it. 

 

Whats the rego/vin? Pretty easy to confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...