Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

Car transportors

Car Transporters from Wellington to Auckland.

Road or rail .. who are the people to talk to and what sort of prices should be expecting.

I cant fly down from aucks and drive it back up unfortunately.

thanks

Andy

really :o from Wellington -> Auck I take it .. wow thats pretty good. Any idea of the company ?

Edited by E30stz

I think that price is about right. A cautionary tale though. Some years ago, a Lotus Esprit Turbo was rented from Giltraps in Akld for a GM TV commercial shoot in Wgtn. Strict instructions, no more than 5km on the clock blah blah. Car was pushed around the studio, then groomed, then driven on to the transporter. It then disappeared for 5 days and was found in the transporters yard in Turangi, covered in dirt, with 2,500 more kms on it than previously and a blown motor. Transport company denied all, until GM threatened to move their contract and two guys from the transport company were fired. I'm sure that won't happen here though. . . . . .

i used palmerston north transport cost approx $280 . from welly to papakura

The Car Sharks all use Church Towing AKA Auckland Vehicle Deliveries

Those buggers know the cheap deals

yuh, palmerston transport. custy of ours etc..

rail is about hte same cost but less convienient......

chat to me on msn andy, we might be comin up that way in a couple of weeks to pick up another car... can help

chur beau! Fingers crossed that its mine, would be wicked to start this project.

Edited by E30stz

I used a company called automove (automove.co.nz) when I traded my altezza for the M3. I shipped the altezza up from Welly one morning and the M3 was delivered the next morning. Pretty quick I thought. Cost me just over $500 from memory. That was for both ways, so you are probably looking at half that for a one way trip.

Edited by m_reaney