Sign in to follow this  
mox

New Manawatu Member (With some questions already! - Pics included of course! :)

Hey Everyone

So we picked up this lovely 2006 E325i in the weekend (To replace a car that will be in the garage for who knows how long) .. We kinda brought it as a temp car with the thought of selling it again once we get the other back.. however... have come to LOVE how it drives.. so might need to hold onto it :D

However I have some issues/questions regarding it. Hopefully someone might be able to help or put me in the right direction. :)

1) No Audio at all.. be it from the Radio.. or leaving the Key in.. or leaving the lights on.. or anything at all. From my searches I can see it's possibly because there looks to have been an old satnav? unit or something in the boot that has some spare connectors/cables hanging out.. and one of them possibly needs a "fiber optic loop bypass" connected to it?

2) Only have 1 key.. what is the best (cheapest) option in getting another one ?

3) Is there anything we can do in the Display re Navigation/TV etc etc etc?  (I might be dreaming, but would be cool to have some sort of Android conversion :D)

4) Is there anything else nz specific/ex jap things that we need to look out for or can improve? Most the things I have read seem to be US specific which is not much help.

5) What are most people doing for spare tyres/space savers etc.. ?? (First time owning a car without one)

Thanks heaps !

Oh and of course.. some pics :)

196958867_10165531373595207_8268965592147983752_n.jpg

193785492_1140616339772459_7633923560715114593_n.png

194499912_1140616266439133_7883815727536477697_n.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome Mox! Glad you're enjoying the 325i Msport 👍

1. dunno about that 🤷‍♂️
  2. best to order a key from your local dealer 
  3. It is *possible* to retrofit newer BMW systems but *complex* and expensive; otherwise try aftermarket but will still cost some $$ so you only want to do this if keeping the car longer term... 
    1. N7-E90 Pro navigation system, suitable for BMW 3 Series E90-E93 – Dynavin
    2. 3 & 4 - Series - BMW - GPS Multimedia (avinusa.com)
  4. Either
    1. stick to run flats - costly, more road noise
    2. use regular tyres and hope you are lucky
    3. throw a space saver in the boot
    4. buy some tyre goop for emergencies

@mox - hiya, keys are easy I can cut/code and supply. 

You have an old ccc unit, probably best just to retrofit an Android system, but you'll have to resolve your sound issue first. Happy to scan it for free and see if any faults exist. But common  the ccc unit might be faulty