Sign in to follow this  
carrera

Tyre choice

It's time to replace the 2 rear tyres on my E30 320i. Any suggestion for a all round type tyres? My budget is around $160 per pc. I prefer more wet grip.

I've got a set of high tread directional (6-7mm) 195x65x14's if you we're interested. I'm getting a nother E30 at some stage and probably wont need them. My car was rear ended recently and one of the set of tyres was damaged due to driving it home with a rubbing guard, a set of 3 isnt very useful to me so if your interested in them I'd be happy to do a pair for a reasonable price. The tyres are cured, which means thread will wear down at a slower than normal rate.

Edited by E30stz

The tyres are cured, which means thread will wear down at a slower than normal rate.

:lol:

well...i have a set of 4 bottlecaps all with mint tyres. 2x yoko ae539's and 2x yoko c drives. 195/60R14

$250 for the set

PM me

and they are both good all round tyres, in the wet as well

Im looking at buying some yoko c.drives for the back?

good/bad move? this is my 2nd(alternative, for thugging missions) set of wheels.

I like em. Paid $110 fitted and balanced in 14". very decent

wouldn't bother if you going to track them though. few times round manfield and i half melted them. Also they are asymetric, meaning you can't flip them if you have bad camber/toe problems.

I'm looking at a set of 15" 205x55xR15's dunlop direzza dz101's or something.. $140 incl fitting and balancing each .. not too bad ?

Sounds pretty good - but I'm comparing them to what I pay up here and Nthld tyres cost about 15% more than AKld tyres RRP.

I'm looking at a set of 15" 205x55xR15's dunlop direzza dz101's or something.. $140 incl fitting and balancing each .. not too bad ?

not bad at all.

i paid about that in total for a set of 4, including wheel alignment, balance and new stems (not just rancid toe set, took half a day etc) for the pug, although they were a less common size, therefore retailed higher. (mad deals)

great tyres, can't rate them high enough, for what i've hit them with so far.

even on gravel they're not bad

I am getting a set of 225/50R16 Dunlop Direzza this weekend.

$170.00 per tyre from Tony's Tyre Service, they ussually charge $190.00 per tyre.

North City Tyres quoted me $212.00 per tyre. So I don't know if Tony's Tyre Service has given me a good deal or not but it's dam good compared to what North City Tyre's quoted.

Posted Image