Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

What to do??

i have the 318is motor and the thing holding me back is the sound of the 6cly, do i

a ) sell the lot and rebuild my gearbox and be happy woth what i have

b ) swap the lot and have a twin cam 1.8 and trun the cams up + muffler

c ) talk to the dude at GAC racing and see whats best value for money for performance....

Edited by nz320i

Always Throw idea's at old mature racing drivers, when you can. They arn't always at an arms reach.

Food for thought, its important to have dream car on what type of a car you really really want. Keep your mind open always to other people's idea's.

So yeah bro, go have talk to the dude at GAC racing and see what he can find out.

I would for sure do the twin cam all the way.

do you not like the sound of a 6?

i looove the sound of the 6 cyl, thats whats holding me back swapping the twin cam motor into my car!!! dont want to loose that wicked sound!

do the IS swap man. Will have quite a cool sound too. Esp if you build it for maximum revs B):D

You wont worry bout sound when you have a increase in performance anyhow, or, you could sell the whole lot to me :D

The iS would handle better having less weight, be a fun (read long and hard) project to do. one prob is you wouldnt gain resale that the iS's normally have. (also does it have an LSD?? use that)

easier for you, would be a 2.5 swap. it would virtually be swap in and change ecu (or just chip). a fair bit more power and torque (however not heaps, as in its not something to aspire to..maybe 2.5 turbo)

basically, if i was in your shoes, i would build a 318iS, but i would still want the M325i for at least a little power.

having said that the cars that i have most fun in are normally other peoples scum cars....so many laughs (Ruby and Snot, you know who you are)