Sign in to follow this  
Braydon

F20 M135i Upgrades

So considering some upgrades on the F20 M135i once my old car sells (hopefully soon!).

I'm thinking of getting the XHP trans tunes, and looking at MHD Stage 2+. (Ugh, hate the 'Stage' terms).

So for that I was hoping to find some local suppliers for the parts, but haven't found anything reasonable.  Currently looking at the following, but also considering an MMR baffled sump too, thoughts?

image.png

Happy for any opinions on upgrades/paths, alternative items, etc. Still new to BMW modifications, and what should be done on these N55 motors. 
I've heard some people say that while doing the sump baffle, that it's worth doing the BEBs too, is this the case with the N55? For references It's about to tick over to 80,000Kms. And is an EWG model.

Well, we shall find out. 
Placed the order this morning, so probably a few weeks out, knowing how shipping is right now.

If you dont like the MHD then Basil at ChipTuning has experience tuning these.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TonyT said:

If you dont like the MHD then Basil at ChipTuning has experience tuning these.

Echo these comments, Basil applied his tune to my N54 powered 130i - night and day difference 😁

Cheers for that! Will keep it in mind for sure :)

Parts are all in now, so this long weekend should be getting it all together.

5" intercooler, 4" catless downpipe, replacement for the plastic intercooler pipe to the throttle body, and also a GFB DV+.

IMG_1236.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG

• Like 1

How did you get on with the mods?  

Have a M235i and out of boredom considering chipping it to muck around with it.  Was the MHD pretty straight forward, and is it a noticeable boost?

All sorted over the weekend. 
Down pipe and intercooler were super quick and easy. 
Charge pipe was just a bit fiddly to install, but would be easy on a second attempt. 

Didn't get around to installing the DV+.

MHD was also really straight forward, even on 'stage 1' it made a noticeable difference. 

Now with stage 2+ it's a totally different animal to what it was originally haha. Well worth it all in my opinion, as well as xHP transmission flash too.

TIRgUdM.jpg

• Like 2

How much louder does the downpipe make the car, does it have ridiculous amounts of pops and bangs, or not too bad?

14 hours ago, thorns said:

How much louder does the downpipe make the car, does it have ridiculous amounts of pops and bangs, or not too bad?

Definitely a little, but actually to the level I wanted. I wanted a bit of noise, but nothing too obnoxious. 
With the pops and bangs disabled in MHD, it barely ever makes any, just on the occasional downshift. I'm actually really happy with the sound. 
The intake definitely gave it some more audible life too. 

Good to hear the props for xHP.  I run the stage 3 xHP on my E82 and for the cost / time it was the single biggest improvement I've made. 

Nice cars, I have several friends with these M135i's.

One has a Pure Stage 2 turbo, another a TTE550 turbo and the last one stock turbo. 

These ones are crazy fast. 

The stock turbo one still ran 12.14 1/4 mile, pretty decent with the EWG turbo these cars. 

• Like 1