Sign in to follow this  
thegreatestben

What's it worth? 2007 330D Touring

Hello :)

As per title I currently own an E91 PFL 330D Touring. It's an AWESOME car and we've had a great run from it - but it's getting to a point where it needs an enthusiast to take some time doing some maintenance (which I have a lot of OE parts for)

I've just committed to replacing it with a 335D Touring (https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/335d/listing/3545233440?bof=GIZZ5ZCe).

This will give me a bit of breathing space to figure out my best plan of attack with the 330D.

Pros of 330D

• NZ NEW
  • Montego Blue
  • Factory 18's
  • Leather Heated Sport Seats - black
  • Brushed Alloy Trim
  • Comfort Access (2x keys but only one works with comfort access, needs prioritizing in key queue)
  • Factory Hideaway Towbar
  • Radar Cruise Control
  • No pesky i-drive
  • front/read PDC
  • Auto lights, dimming mirrors
  • Recently removed all the butterflys from swirlflaps - have blanking kit and new seals to do it properly.
  • Recently replaced starter motor with brand new one
  • WOF and Reg well into end of year/ beginning of next
  • 160,000km on clock - RUC paid to 165,000.
  • Good service history and books included. I've done the last 2 oil changes myself with BMW genuine filter. Replaced air filter (worst design ever bmw) cabin filter, fuel filter.
  • Fitting new thermostat this weekend (car not getting up to full temp, unable to do exhaust burn off)

Cons

• Was a Southland car originally and has a lot of stonechips on drivers front corner of car
  • Bumper was swiped by someone recently on front drivers bumper corner, mostly polished out but with stone chips probably almost warrants a touchup/respray
  • Wheels are curbed and tires slightly too small (probably main cause of kerbing)
  • Needs trans service, have bought new genuine ZF pan and all associated gaskets/seals including valvetronic body and connector.
  • EGR control valve "honking" - have bought aftermarket replacement is under intake manifold so should be done when addressing swirlflaps
  • scanning codes shows that the glowplugs aren't functioning, doesn't CEL or anythign and car has always started ok. stock of this seemed non existant when I looked so didn't worry about it.
  • Has been used for it's purpose - a good practical car. Awesome for pretty much any duties

Obviously a great car and it actually has more features than it's replacement, but I really need something I don't have to worry about as I've just started a new job and I've got two new houses and a renovation on the go.

Would like to know what people think, I would like to get atleast $10,000.

Cheers!

Ben

• Like 2

I suspect 11-12k for the right buyer would be fair, might be an easier sell with some of the work done? E9x 30d/35d's are reasonably uncommon and a nice blend of performance / economy, sounds like decent specs also.

• Thanks 1

Well will have to take my time, just blew apart the PS pulley trying to stretch a replacement belt on. What a daft idea 😫