Sign in to follow this  
Cement

Do images expire ?

Just looking at the history of my build thread and wondering if images uploaded expire after a while ? Its really the only collated representation of the journey outside a squillion pics i have locally :D

They don't expire but you can't depend on Bimmersport to preserve them, if they're important then make sure you have copies elsewhere. I learnt this lesson the hard way.

• Sad 1

Just noticed the same on a thread from barely a month ago, the pictures that were attachments have disappeared.

21 hours ago, Cement said:

Just looking at the history of my build thread and wondering if images uploaded expire after a while ? Its really the only collated representation of the journey outside a squillion pics i have locally :D

Got an example? Just looked through your thread and all the images seem to be ok..

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Got an example? Just looked through your thread and all the images seem to be ok

Everything is cool, not missing any images ... was just wondering if the images were going to tick over some milestone age and start to be pruned / deleted, hence making the content somewhat less valuable for errrr the next poor soul who may wish to attempt my swap :D

• Thanks 1

Pictures can go missing here without notice and for reasons beyond your control, do not depend upon Bimmersport for anything important. This applies to thread content other than pictures as well.

Consider yourself warned.

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 8:55 PM, M3AN said:

do not depend upon Bimmersport for anything important.

Ain’t that the truth! Some real life wisdom right there kids.

Maybe they should add some sort of disclaimer on the web-site like “ this is not a secure storage service for your really important car photos”?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You could include that in the unwritten set of rules you guys have, that we're all supposed to know and adhere to. ;)

• Haha 1

Can’t legislate for stupidity unfortunately.

In the same way that some posters have dreamed up their own extensive list of requirements and expectations.GTFO.

Time to mark this thread as closed or some such. No more value to be had here.