Sign in to follow this  
ctho

E28 Rust Work Auckland

Looking to get some rust work done on my E28 (door sills, sunroof, boot tray). Any recommendations on where to get this done in the Auckland region? And a rough price I should be looking for? 

Am waiting to hear back from Coast Panel and Paint for a quote. 

Cheers

Following for when I need to get the E30 sunroof tray sorted later this year 😬

Best of luck finding a panel shop that wants anything but insurance work these days. It's been a long time since I had major work done, but Takapuna Panelbeaters have done a couple of full bare metal resprays for me and the work has always been fantastic - and they know how to properly fix things. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Twistee said:

Best of luck finding a panel shop that wants anything but insurance work these days. It's been a long time since I had major work done, but Takapuna Panelbeaters have done a couple of full bare metal resprays for me and the work has always been fantastic - and they know how to properly fix things. 

Panel shops prefer non insurance work as they get screwed down tight on what insurance companies will pay

I'll stand by my statement having done a stint in that industry, yes it is painful because insurance continually and competently adjusts rates - but it is also a consistent income stream that you can run a shop on. 

@ctho GT Refinishers are also really good, close friend had a bare metal job done by them and it was stunning. But from memory they are always in demand and it took a while to get into the shop, if you are happy to wait then they are possibly worth investigating.

Edited by Twistee
  • Like 1

If you want rust work done, try Brendan at the Rust Surgeon.  Located in Glenfield.  Good guy, does good work, and is good to chat to about what you need doing.  He only does Rust.  Body-shops etc are probably going to turn you down.