Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

off set

what offset should i use for my e30, im looking at either 17's or 18's

ideal offsets for each size would be great

cheers

Edited by DrphTa

ive been told offset of 25mm (25p) is mint and looks cool cos it brings the wheels out, standard e30 wheels are 30p.

also i am putting the same engine in my car as yours, have you had any major issues with it? do you thrash it or rev a bit and still get good performance? and have you tuned the cams? thanks!!

cheers, just what i need.

ok cool the m42? nah nothing wrong with it aye. it goes well.

i do thrash it a bit and its very quick for a 1.8 i havent needed any tuning for it either, its a strong little engine

Edited by DrphTa

yeah m42, sweet, i got worried today when i pulled the sump off and a bolt was lying in the bottom of the oil!! it had dropped off a bit higher up and screwed back in but kinda worried me.. lol. also how many k's has yours done?

Edited by nz320i

haha nice, you doing the conversion yourself? ugh its just clicked over 151000 k's not to bad for a 1990

yeah myself in da garage i dont know what ive got myself into... lol

i have 318ti rear end and front hubs if you want to convert to a 5 stud set up . lots more wheel choices .

ive been told offset of 25mm (25p) is mint and looks cool cos it brings the wheels out, standard e30 wheels are 30p.

whats was the offset for your 17's?

im looking at a set of 18's with a offset of 42p

will they fit?

so what some 10mm spacers or more to bring the rim out of the guard more?

10mm will probably clear but you may need bigger than that. How wide are they? 7" rim should have a 15mm spacer while 7.5" you should be using 20mm

Hey there I'm sort of new here been a member for a while but not up with the forum thing. But I'm looking for information on the changing of the m40 to the m42.I have the engine from a 95 318ti. and the loom and ecu.I know the sump is not going to fit but can I use the m40 one?

Guest Andrew

Hey there I'm sort of new here been a member for a while but not up with the forum thing. But I'm looking for information on the changing of the m40 to the m42.I have the engine from a 95 318ti. and the loom and ecu.I know the sump is not going to fit but can I use the m40 one?

Hi dude -

What you need to do is go in to the section "Technical" then "Maintenance" - then up the top click "Start new" and it will open a new thread for you to ask your questions.

Cheers

thankyou I will give it a try.

10mm will probably clear but you may need bigger than that. How wide are they? 7" rim should have a 15mm spacer while 7.5" you should be using 20mm

yea they are 17" by 7" with an offset of 35 to 42

will they pass a warrant with 15mm spacers?

correct me if im wrong but arent spacers illegal anyway. If your worried about the offset ring mag and turbo say your looking at purchasing and wanted to know....

I'm using 42p offset on some 17 x 7's. Fitted fine with standard lugs. But put some 10mm spacers in there to beef the appearence up and widen the track a bit. Needed longer lug studs though. Looks mean and I got a warrent with them in. Haha the old fella didn't even notice.. Amazing what a coat of paint does

you will have the smaller 45mm struts, the 318iS will gave 51mm struts so there is less clearance. Spacer sizes i gave were ideal, not necessary.