Sign in to follow this  
Simca

Early e39 540 alternator belt gear

Hey guys

Just bought this early (non vanos) e39 540i. Previous owner took a stab at replacing the alternator and lost the belt tensioner and idler pulley and essentially everything to hold it in and the bolts for the alternator.

Sort of almost looking for someone parting out a whole non vanos m62, so i can grab all the alternator belt stuff from it to save myself from spending years trying to accumulate everything.

Any leads would be appreciated

Cheers

Quinn

1 hour ago, Palazzo said:

I did find this! Unfortunately I don't know anyone (or anyone well enough, that I could also trust with a spanner) in Tauranga.

Ok so, what I need is: 

image.png.6e02029a04e42d9ff19dbdee89e55db9.png

Almost everything on this picture.

2 - 11281742013 - Adjusting bracket with pulley
6 - 11281704500 - 70mm Deflection pulley
7 - 07119900236 - Bolt (think this ones fatter than a normal bolt for the bearing stuff
8 - 11281727159 - Cap
9 - 11281704935 - Tension adjust lever (this one I think I'll have the hardest time finding)
12 - 11281736857 - Belt tensioner (this ones just expensive new)

the bolts I think I can size up and get locally, maybe I can get the pulleys too but I'll have to do some research. The small adjuster lever bracket is what's scaring me, not a lot of availability around for those.

All those parts including bolts are available from schmiedmann for a reasonable price except #12 which is pretty expensive. Buying stuff like that hurts when it's available at a scrapyard for dirt cheap though. There's 4 or 5 at the auckland scrapyards that all have those bits. 

• Like 1

Found this if it helps 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Was from an e39 540 non vanos

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moe said:

Found this if it helps 

image.jpg

image.thumb.png.d9b674c9865b70f68b4a40f6fb1160d3.png

I believe those bits are for the Air Con system which is separate. Thanks so much, I do appreciate the help. I believe the tensioner itself is the same as on the alternator setup, so if I do end up having to piece it all together I'll get in touch. Having a mate check a yard in Auckland tomorrow that might have some bits.