Sign in to follow this  
nickr

2006 650i, E63 31,000km - $10k negotiable

Monaco Blue Metallic and Black Leather interior. Christchurch.

We are reluctantly selling our fantastic 2006 BMW 650i. This car is a beast and goes like the clappers, but currently has some problems.

When we bought this car in 2018 it only had 9,000km on the clock and had been imported by the dealer. It apparently had one careful Japanese owner. We have had it serviced by Christchurch BMW. It is a six speed auto with Tiptronic.

However at it's last WOF it failed on the front stabilizer bar. It also needs a couple of new tyres for a WOF. In addition the Computer (CCC?) has failed. All up the estimate from ChCh BMW for all that (including the CCC and labour) was just over $10k. To cap it off it doesn't seem to want to hold a charge so is a pig to get started. However I imagine that someone who knew what they were doing could fix those things for less. However I don't know the first thing about fixing a modern car, and so we are sadly quitting the beast. 

In this day and age a 4.8L V8 is not a politically correct statement, but a BMW fan will appreciate the rate at which their demerit points build up with this very grunty European Tourer :) 

I know I am supposed to include a price, but I am open to offers. The picture is of the same model. 

bmw6series2003_750_500_70.jpg

Edited by nickr
price

Sorry, missed your post over a busy weekend. I'll do that tomorrow hopefully (it is garaged elsewhere)

36 minutes ago, nickr said:

Sorry, missed your post over a busy weekend. I'll do that tomorrow hopefully (it is garaged elsewhere)

Hi Nick, will take you at your word since you are a new member. We have had a number of members report the listing.

Your for sale also needs to have a price, an Ono is fine. We dont do "offers" here, its just a waste of everyones time.

Since theres no price, I'll give you a grand for it.

• Like 1

My last one had more km (mid 100s) but everything worked, had reg and wof, tidy inside and out, and was a utter nightmare to shift even before the price of fuel blew out. I think I got 10k for it and that was a real stretch. Taking that as a trade is one of my biggest regrets. 

If you're after 10k, you might be holding onto it for a while. 

Done.  Sorry about not following the rules, but I really had no idea what to ask for. $10k is taking a hit, but we want to quit it.

Edited by nickr
  • Like 1

with $10k quoted to fix it, I'll give you $2k for it 

At today's pricing you won't get anywhere near $10k for it.

• Like 2