Sign in to follow this  
Cement

E46 Front Sway Bar Dimensions

Does anybody have an E46 with front sway bar like the one pictured below (in terms of shape, doesn't matter what brand or size) ... assume all 6 cylinders use this style ?. The one that was in my 318 goes straight across between the frame rail mounts so I can't use it as a reference for what I need in my car with the swapped engine..

I'd love to know the offset of the long section below the engine from where it goes through the mounts at the frame rails.

Also if its straight down below the mounts or if its biased towards the front / back of the car.

Mucho thanks !!!

image.png.77a81120fe2265b8117353279c375ec9.png

Can have a look tomorrow if you haven't got it sorted already

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

Can have a look tomorrow if you haven't got it sorted already

That would be great thanks :) I think from what i can see in the pic (if its similar) mostly what i need to know is how forward of the steering rack it is ... it looks kinda the same height but the fore / aft position is more interesting for my fitment 👍

Yeah bar comes straight down as is pretty much level with the base of the rack (lines sit about 1 inch lower). Approx 115mm from front rounded edge in center of rack to rear of sway bar

14 hours ago, Eagle said:

Yeah bar comes straight down as is pretty much level with the base of the rack (lines sit about 1 inch lower). Approx 115mm from front rounded edge in center of rack to rear of sway bar

Perfecto thankyou very much for this !!! 👍 Now to see if anybody has a crappy old one so i can cut it up as a template !