Sign in to follow this  
Jimakaze

Returning member. I was Jimbo01

Hi. When I was last here I had a 1999 NZ New 740i. I did a few retro fit projects with in car navigation, rear dash subs, upgraded amps. I sold it a few years ago. I was Jimbo01, no idea why I’m On a different profile. 
My daughter has a 2008 E87 130i which my wife loves it so she wanted a similar BMW to replace her 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK280. So we got her one but we then decided we should keep the SLK so I sold my 2007 Mercedes Benz ML500. I still have a VW Passat CC 3.6 V6 with 4Motion (currently on TM). 

The BMW we bought is a Japanese new E84 BMW X1 28i Xdrive MSport. The dealer in Auckland had it modified to NZ frequencies and NZ navigation but seems to have disabled the bluetooth phone integration - we seem to have the bluetooth unit in the boot. We briefly had both the ML500 and the X1.  We called the ML Beast, so the X1 is Mini beast. I’m super impressed with the X1, it has a good amount of space for such a small package. Went great for our skiing holiday with the roof box on top. Much easier to access the roofbox than the ML, and I like getting 4km more for each litre of petrol. 

Things I’m looking to do to the X1:

• Retrofitting cruise control and am on the lookout for a E84 steering wheel squib with the cruise control stalk, and the lower steering column cover with the hole for the stalk. From what I understand it is plug and play, with programming needed. So I’ll be looking for advice / searching the site for anyone who is good at coding in Wellington. 
  • Sorting out the bluetooth phone integration. We are using a bluetooth adapter with the aux in. 
  • Adding a tow hitch with removable tow bar for an eBike carrier. I’m selling my Passat to fund an eBike. 
  • Changing the tyres for Pirelli P8 All Season. Dealer put it on new Hifly 805 tyres but they don’t rate well although its not urgent as they have not given us any issues. 

Maintenance on the X1:

• New spark plugs
  • Transfer case service
  • 1st service for 3 year warranty at 88,000km. 
  • New front windscreen
  • Next is probably a transmission service at Hutt Automatics.  

D06CDF27-1D80-4963-B03B-B69F2E1FA8AC.jpeg

E86685C1-64E9-474F-80E8-4BA96746EE41.jpeg

E9DFA1FA-43A9-4498-8938-43B5ECAFED7D.jpeg

Edited by Jimakaze
Add former user name
  • Like 2

Welcome @Jimakaze.

M sport package looks good on these X1's. Is it the newer N20 2.0L in this one? You may struggle to find parts for cars with cruise control here as I doubt any of the JDM-market X1's came with it - best bet would be to see if someone like SD European are wrecking an NZ-new M-sport version, search for diesel ones.

@promo is your man for anything coding-related in Wellington. My recollection is that getting Bluetooth phone / music on these E-series cars is a lot of work though.

Hello. I'm back. Hardly ever on here no more. Available on Facebook and I'm sure my mobile number is floating around this website. Free feel to contact me. Happy to help all, ecu cloning/replacement, airbag module repairs, nav conversions, tuning stage 1, 2 etc, dpf egr deletes. Coding, anything electronic related, spare keys :)

Edited by promo

1 hour ago, promo said:

Hello. I'm back. Hardly ever on here no more. Available on Facebook and I'm sure my mobile number is floating around this website. Free feel to contact me. Happy to help all, ecu cloning/replacement, airbag module repairs, nav conversions, tuning stage 1, 2 etc, dpf egr deletes. Coding, anything electronic related, spare keys :)

Welcome back. Your Inbox must be full, a few folks have been asking after you over the last while.