Sign in to follow this  
jom

Koni Bump Stops E36

Koni bump stops, bought for E36 but would probably suit others.  Great for racers.

2 x 22mm shaft, 55mm long. Part no.7034670000

2X 16mm shaft, 55mm long. Part no.7034530000

Cost $150, will accept $120 inc standard postage.

IMG_3799.thumb.JPG.24eba8ab54f854e9c2fb7977fe995f26.JPG

Please school me, what do bump stops do exactly? Cushion the impact when at full insertion? 

Edited by C-130 Hercules
Manners... 😁

Bump stops prevent the piston contacting the bottom of the tube at full compression by introducing a urethane or rubber "bumper" with a sharply rising spring rate, between the top of the tube and fixed end of the spear. Depending on the suspension design the bump stops may only be to provide "emergency" protection against damage from a big hit, or they may actually be a working part of the suspension under "normal" conditions. 

CHART_FCM_vs_ES_2.jpg

Bump stops are an important part of suspension design on high performance cars with short stroke suspension. The bump stops may be external as with Koni yellows, or internal as with many Bilstein shocks.

Cheers...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jom said:

Either way, you need them for a warrant....

Man speaks the truth !!! And you need them for a Cert also as I found out when I forgot to put the bump stops back on after changing the front inserts. Wrong size bump stops came with the inserts and I put them aside intending to get the correct ones, but clean forgot about them. Cert man picked it up and sent me home to pull the struts, remove the springs and fit the bump stops... one of my least favorite jobs !!!! 

Cheers...