Sign in to follow this  
elias

E82 135i IDrive delete

Hello,

Ive got a 2008 135i, with the CCC flip up IDrive screen, I want to get rid of it. I want to remove the IDrive screen, radio and the heated seat controls as I will be replacing the seats with fixed back seats soon anyways. Anyone here know how to wiring works? Can I simply unplug it all, the code the car to tell it it no longer has I drive? Also is it possible to remove all the wiring for the speakers or is that part of the main harness for the airbags etc?

Any help would be much appreciated, im not particularly knowledgeable on the wiring/coding related stuff and doesn't seem to be much info online. 

Cheers 

Edited by elias

I’d probably be interested in this one too, have you found any info yet? 

I think you’d have to remove all iDrive ECUs from the VO. Some options like tyre pressure reset can only be done in iDrive if car has it, so you’d have to make this option available in the dash menu if that’s possible thorugh coding, or just disable it 😁

Then sell the whole CCC kit and install a good old stereo. Damn I really dislike the flip up and all the pops and click noises around there when driving 🤣

11 hours ago, Snejki said:

I’d probably be interested in this one too, have you found any info yet? 

I think you’d have to remove all iDrive ECUs from the VO. Some options like tyre pressure reset can only be done in iDrive if car has it, so you’d have to make this option available in the dash menu if that’s possible thorugh coding, or just disable it 😁

Then sell the whole CCC kit and install a good old stereo. Damn I really dislike the flip up and all the pops and click noises around there when driving 🤣

Have found some info, spoke to some people who do coding and reckon it would be easy as to code the car to non idrive. Then just seems to be a matter of removing all the iDrive junk, the amp, and wiring a new amp to the speakers. I will probably just wire the amp straight to an aux cord, with no head unit.

maybe you can try delete the VO $609(NAVIGATION Professional) and Add $663(Radio BMW Professional)Replace your CCC to RAD. write new FA in CAS and FRM and recode kombi and RAD.