Sign in to follow this  
deane30

iX1

Hi all

I was wondering whether anyone is considering the new iX1? The reviews sound pretty good and I think it looks fantastic for a small SUV.

300BHP as well which isn't must less than my admittedly much lighter M135i.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to get the first of the new (U11) X1 to drive for a week, a real step up from the previous generation.

Interior quality and feel was much better, in the same design themes as the iX models.

Whilst it was the 18i petrol, not the BEV, it was still a remarkably good drive and response. I would the iX1 would be even more so with the increased power and added instant torque.

Quite a few customers have now looked at and driven the petrol demos and placed iX1 orders off the back of it, so the response has been positive.

5 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I was lucky enough to get the first of the new (U11) X1 to drive for a week, a real step up from the previous generation.

Interior quality and feel was much better, in the same design themes as the iX models.

Whilst it was the 18i petrol, not the BEV, it was still a remarkably good drive and response. I would the iX1 would be even more so with the increased power and added instant torque.

Quite a few customers have now looked at and driven the petrol demos and placed iX1 orders off the back of it, so the response has been positive.

Thanks Jon. I’ve reserved one through Continental in Wellington. Still waiting for final pricing though. 

• Like 1

Meant to be off the ship on March 4. How long does it typically take to get a car ready?

That is the estimated date of the ship arriving into PoA, as it has only just left and has a few more ports of call that can move back quite a few issues with ports atm. SLA is 4 days to get a car off ship and off wharf (can take a lot longer in busy periods) then transport to Welly, PDI, groom… So it’s not a quick process!

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

That is the estimated date of the ship arriving into PoA, as it has only just left and has a few more ports of call that can move back quite a few issues with ports atm. SLA is 4 days to get a car off ship and off wharf (can take a lot longer in busy periods) then transport to Welly, PDI, groom… So it’s not a quick process!

Thanks Jon :)

On 1/29/2023 at 3:59 PM, deane30 said:

My iX1 is arriving 4 March!

Id love a look at if (we are also in Wellington) if you want to show it off? :)   You can compare it to our Tesla if you want. 

We considered an iX3 and were all set, but bank pulled finance. I suspected at the time if the iX1 was available at the same time, I would get the iX1 over the iX3. Somehow its AWD, Faster, LARGER on the inside and cheaper than the iX3. Its a real weirdness of the BMW EV lineup. 

Edited by Kodachrome

You may have been looking at the “TARDIS” version of the iX1, I honestly can’t agree that it’s anywhere near as big inside as the iX3.

9 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

You may have been looking at the “TARDIS” version of the iX1, I honestly can’t agree that it’s anywhere near as big inside as the iX3.

Well I've only seen and been in the demo model ix3. I haven't seen the iX1 at all.

But I read online:
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1976425

"I was surprised to learn the X1 has more headroom and legroom than the X3. Shoulder room is only 0.8 inches better on the X3 so not significant. Boot/cargo space in the iX1 is 490 litres vs iX3 510 litres so a bit more daylight between the two on that front.

Edited by Kodachrome
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:36 PM, Kodachrome said:

Id love a look at if (we are also in Wellington) if you want to show it off? :)   You can compare it to our Tesla if you want. 

We considered an iX3 and were all set, but bank pulled finance. I suspected at the time if the iX1 was available at the same time, I would get the iX1 over the iX3. Somehow its AWD, Faster, LARGER on the inside and cheaper than the iX3. Its a real weirdness of the BMW EV lineup. 

No problem. What part of Wellington are you in? We are Newtown based.

We considered the iX3 but as you say the iX1 is faster/AWD and I prefer the styling (obviously personal choice). The iX3 has slightly higher range but I don't think this will be an issue for us. Also its ~$20k cheaper :)

• Like 1