Sign in to follow this  
bumpstop325

Renewable OIL

THE BIGGEST SCAM OF ALL TIME

Oil is a renewable resource. The oil giants, are scamming you of renewable oil, while they are saying that world will run out of oil in (this) amount of years. SO, if you want more, you have to pay more for it. While it renews itself and they keep asking for more.

But, say that, when the price of oil goes down, that means more vt@cing for your buck.

Views? Is it true?

well a company like shell cannot or atleast should not be fooled by a "rumour" that their core product is fossils fuel when it isn't, they'd have done their own research surely?

so.. if oil is abiotic and renewable, it is still harmful to the environment and labelled as the number 1 cause for global warming and polution therefore we should be looking for a substitute.

i don't know who "what global organisation" has laid down the law that oil prices must go up as new alternatives emerge but it seems a possible scenario, and from my point of view saving the world from global warming by raising oil prices seems reasonable.

it's humans being stupid humans and not thinking about the future, we are too hung up over fuel prices that we choose to ignore that the real issue here is the environment and global warming due to pollution.

it's all about sustainability.

Oil is a renewable source but we use faster than it renews so it might as well be non-renewable if you get what i mean.

Also, prices are determined by how much we are willing to pay for it and since we all need it then we are always going to pay for it. Just like cigarettes are for smokers, they 'need' them so they are always going to pay for them no matter what the price.

Another factor for the price is since we are running out, companies are trying to get the most out of whats left to make as much money as they can. And since we need it, we keep buying. Its a vicious circle

Another factor for the price is since we are running out, companies are trying to get the most out of whats left to make as much money as they can. And since we need it, we keep buying. Its a vicious circle

If you want another story, did you notice how the price of oil dropped after afew years in the 70's. This was mainly due to the oil companies needing more funds for oil exploration. This indeed may have some thing todo with the price.

Lets charge more to cover the costs of finding oil. Without, having to dip into our own pockets(oil giants) because people are still willing to pay.

When i left primary school, i was taught that oil is a fossil fuel and one day there will be none left. I was not taught that it was newable.

well a company like shell cannot or atleast should not be fooled by a "rumour" that their core product is fossils fuel when it isn't, they'd have done their own research surely?

The oil giants would not beable to increase price if everybody knew it was newable.

Just look at the oration profits oil companies having been making that last two years. Would it be wise to invest in oil companies if you could?

Another good point that oil does take time to be made in the earth. We may be using it faster than it regenerates. Meaning that people cant see it being made, after 20 years an old dry oil well may have regenerated and people dont know about it.

20 years an old dry oil well may have regenerated and people dont know about it.

add a feeeeewwww more years to that bro. Edited by *sic

Guest Andrew

Hmm - there is a sh*t load more oil. A good couple of hundred years of supply.

But get the latest episode (7) of 5th Gear from finalgear.com - it's amazing what honda have been doing with hydrogen fuel cells. FINALLY a way of creating hydrogen without burning fossil fuels. It really is the near future.