Sign in to follow this  
cohen gregston

e38 no start, no crank

I’ve tried everything i can think of to fix this issue, when i turn the accessories on, everything works fine, like normal. But as soon as i go to start, there is no sound, no crank, nothing. I’ve looked at many forums and videos but can’t seem to find the issue. I’ve replaced the battery, and i checked all fuses/relays. The starter is getting power but not making any noise. Any solutions to go forward with? My buddy has the same exact issue on his e39 but has not had time to look at anything on it so that could be something like a fuse. But this was a project car of mine and it started fine every time, then just one day, i got nothin. 

I would also say EWS. Do you have the original key?

46 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I would also say EWS. Do you have the original key?

I believe i only have the spare, there’s no buttons or anything, just the bmw logo.

If it has a plastic head on then give it a try.

13 hours ago, cohen gregston said:

I believe i only have the spare, there’s no buttons or anything, just the bmw logo.

Potentially that key does not have the EWS chip in it or is the spare for unlocking the car only. The car is behaving the exact way my E39 540i did when I dropped the EWS part of the key whilst I was changing the battery.