Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

Anyone want to help me recreate the NLA BMW Performance Intake (3d printing)?

I have an E28 with an M54B30 in it (and manual box) from an E46/E34 (box). Its great. As its a custom job I had to make up my own intake. I made an inverted cone (venturi, vortex) style intake. I later found there is an aftermarket company making a commercial version for a couple of grand a pop. Photos of my design below. 

I also designed a new ducted heatlight cover (from back of E28 headlights straight to intake). Been running it for over a year now, hot and cold weather, no issues. I made it from carbon fiber infused PETG though I might switch to Polycarbonate (which is a bitch to print but is even tougher as a material).

It goes well and sounds loud. Too loud for my liking. So Id love to make a "version" of the mythical and sadly now NLA BMW Performance Intake for the E46. This one:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/bmw-performance-air-intake-no-longer-available/13720429613/

Its dyno tested as delivering the top performance for all intake replacements. Not sure how or why its so good as Ive never seen it in person.

Short of borrowing one from someone for measurements in person (any in NZ??), I'd need photos of every part of it, measurements or some sort of scale.

Anyone up for saving this part of E46 history before its gone gone?

20230223_164248.jpg

20230223_164251.jpg

20230223_164255.jpg

• Like 2