Sign in to follow this  
kerrinkeen

F10 535i issue

Hi I have a f10 535i has had full custom exhaust done previous owner took out the cat I made him put one back in for compliance but if you go up hills over certain  revs or boost to hard it goes into limp mode is this because of the exhaust or another  issue the car has done 102000 thousands kilometers 

At that mileage there are too many potential causes - fuel pump, injectors, coils, turbo, the list is long. Read the codes and see what is triggering limp mode, then you can work out what to check first. Without the codes as a guide you are in the dark.

• Like 1

Codes will be logged in the engine's electronic memory. You need to get these codes read and they will help you pinpoint what the car thinks is going wrong. If you can borrow a code reader you can do this yourself, or any good mechanic who works on European cars could do it for you. Maybe someone local to you on this forum will have a code reader you can borrow.

Edited by TonyT

I have purchased ista+ I have downloaded all it needs to install system requirements are fine but as soon as I go to install it says failed to install file missing any help would be good cheers

On 4/7/2023 at 9:04 AM, kerrinkeen said:

I have purchased ista+ I have downloaded all it needs to install system requirements are fine but as soon as I go to install it says failed to install file missing any help would be good cheers

ISTA+ is a free download usually.
If you paid for it it usually means they are hosting the file or are willing to provide support in getting it going.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/beginners-guide-to-bmw-ista.936877/

Edited by Driftit