Sign in to follow this  
BilbeJ

M30B28 cylinder head/rockers/cam help!!

So today I collected my new to me 180,000kms young two owner ‘86 e28 528i and on the drive home it broke cyl 1 exhaust rocker…….yep, great. 

I’m basically after options/parts to repair so ideally I’m looking for a complete cylinder head as the cam is toast as well,

cheers 

E28 - is that EFI or carb? Reason I ask is I have a spare M30B28 sitting in a scrap E3, however that's a carb engine of unknown condition. Someone may pipe up with one that's better quality, however if you get stuck I may be able to help unless there are differences between the carb and EFI engines other than fuel injector notches in the inlet ports. I also believe most M30 heads would be the same (save for maybe smaller capacity), so you may have a lot of options there.

Let me know if you get seriously stuck and I'll try extract the motor, and go from there.

• Like 1

It’s EFI, I’ll do some research and see what the differences are, all part of the fun I guess. Thanks, I’ll be in touch if I get stuck! 

I have a full set of rockers, retainers and springs from a 80,000km motor you could have for $100 + shipping.  I wouldn't be able to get a courier out until Tuesday though.  Easter Weekend.