jasebarr

Clearing service codes

Hi all

I have a 2010 E91 320i. Warning lights on the dash include overdue service, brakes etc. I have done all of this myself and would like some help clearing these messages without taking it to BMW. Recently failed a warrant on the park brake light being on, but looking it the manual I think it's related to the brake pad service warning. I've tried OMD II but it only seems to clear less visible issues. Sorry probably a silly question and no-doubt there's a thread for this somewhere, so even pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks very much.

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

You should be able to reset it through the iDrive but I do recall it being a fight on my e87, nowhere near as simple as it should have been. IIRC I had to input a new service interval, I think I set them all to 400,000kms (car is at 135,000) to ensure I didn't get annoyed again. The service intervals in the computer are wildly inaccurate anyway, just intended to generate revenue for BMW... the brakes have physical wear sensors anyway.

Did youbreplace the sensor?

On 5/19/2023 at 10:02 PM, Gaz said:

Did youbreplace the sensor?

No I didn't - would doing this reset the message? I just figured it was on a random km interval as Dave has noted above. There's definitely no option to reset this in the iDrive. 

49 minutes ago, jasebarr said:

No I didn't - would doing this reset the message? I just figured it was on a random km interval as Dave has noted above. There's definitely no option to reset this in the iDrive. 

Need to replace it and then reset it via the cluster should it not clear

• Thanks 1

Appreciate your advice Gaz. Completely correct and all sorted. Cheers

• Like 1