overly__under__engineered

Replace N46 Valve Seals

Stop wasting your time and go buy a Corolla or something then. No one cares about your whinging.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, overly__under__engineered said:

I've wired up some amazing vehicles and won awards for it so I know, when I look at BMW's mess, there was a much better way of doing it.

😂😂😂 omg

Please share details of said awards

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, overly__under__engineered said:

baaa hahaha. no. if I had done my research, I would not have got a BMW, clearly. The engine is the best part of the car, as I have constantly stated. the E91 is designed to be a bad car, compared to anything I have worked on in the past. even worse than my old Mistubishi VR4 Legnum. I was shocked to see that. I honestly expected at least basic quality from a BMW. I knew Mercedes were bad. I've worked on them. I knew AUDI were difficult. really awkward things there. I hoped BMW would be an exception, but no. why build a worse engine than Nissan's SR20DE, 15 years after the SR20 was released? I was expecting a 2 litre like my old SR20, but with some of this German quality in the body. I was shocked to see how poorly the body is built. The basic failure in simple things all over the car. wiring, plastics, gaskets, electrics. the E91 body's are a total lack of basic engineering. Buy an old Legnum and you will see quality difference, and Mitsubishi is the worst quality car I'd owned, before BMW. I have a very good example of an E91. I just spend a lot of time looking at what can go wrong, and checking to see if I need to fix it on mine, before it goes wrong. I'm glad I have less than 20% of the common issues on the E91 body. still, it has some stupid issues that should not have been designed into the car. really basic failures that no Japanese company would be stupid enough to make. I am honestly shocked at the lack of basic engineering. The older BMW's were better then the newer ones. It's the opposite of good engineering, to design failures into a product where failures didn't exist.

Honestly lads. Look at the basics. BMW have tried to make their car more technical, but because of their lack of basic engineering, the technical parts were wired and constructed wrong. we all know this, because they are common failures, but I can see this, when I've been going over the wiring inside the car, from boot to FRM. I've wired up some amazing vehicles and won awards for it so I know, when I look at BMW's mess, there was a much better way of doing it.

Two paragraphs of I hate BMW they are no good. As an Auto electrician and someone who has tuned and built engines, I dont really see where you are coming from. Yes the N46 is a troublesome engine, but I repeat if you had done your research and bought an N52 car you wouldn't have these problems, that said you probably got the car dirt cheap. You keep saying how poor BMWs are, but you give no examples, I worked on cars for years, where's the lack of basic engineering?  Go and buy a Toyota, lots of hard grey plastic, questionable styling and no driver involvement. Oh and throw in a lack of safety features, slow engines and abominable auto gearbox's, as well. That sounds like your happy place. Honestly coming to a BMW enthusiasts site and then slagging off BMW's as a whole, what the hell are you even doing here, apart from being a Troll. We all know the ins and outs, the risks and the rewards, you go and buy that old Legnum, sleep happy and dont think about nasty BMW's. 

• Like 4

Hey Anyone know a good place to get them replaced around Gisborne Area?