akapjay

N57 crankshaft pulley - *sorted*

Unfortunately lost crankshaft pulley today, but stopped the car as soon as battery light popped up on the dash to diagnose and saved her before overheating!

I haven't found any new pulleys available via local channels, and this close to Christmas I don't expect to land anything in from overseas until next year so I'm putting this out there on the very rare chance someone has a replacement harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley kicking about.

Belt Drive-Vibration Damper: 11237800385 (click for realoem)

New or used ok to get up and running in the short term.

Thanks,
PJ

20231218_130006.jpg

Edited by akapjay
All sussed now - cheers!

Spareto says €350 delivered. Says it will be here in 4 days and they are normally pretty accurate. Although factor in Nz incompetence at this time of year. 

15 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

Spareto says €350 delivered. Says it will be here in 4 days and they are normally pretty accurate. Although factor in Nz incompetence at this time of year. 

Yep I'm waiting nearly 2 weeks now for a replacement fan belt for the clothes dryer, via NZ Couriers from New Plymouth. 

Tis the silly season. 

Edited by akapjay

Yeah, I sent an overnight package to Wellington that arrived after 6 days.

Spareto does use DHL and they have been pretty accurate in the past, including Sunday deliveries.

Had a similar damper issue with the E46 320d - lots of vibration that quickly got worse. Fortunately I was close to my favoured workshop at the time and got the car there without any separation occurring.

The bolt that holds this on is *TIGHT*.

On shipping - bought 4 tyres for the Mrs M-mobile from New Plymouth yesterday afternoon at 3.30. They've arrived in Hawke's Bay.

On 12/18/2023 at 9:40 PM, Palazzo said:

Spareto says €350 delivered.

Bought new v-belt, thermostat, waterpump, and crankshaft pulley for less than €350. Febi, Meyle and GT Automotive (trusted UK brand)..

Though to be fair, I did save a bunch on shipping as a mate is flying soon from the UK to NZ! 😄

Merry Christmas to the N57, may she live on another 200k kms!

• Like 1

That’s pretty good, shipping was only €70 from memory.