Sign in to follow this  
Polignac

i Level upgrade in Christchurch

Hi guys... is it possible to update the iLevel of the BMW? I'd love to add launch control onto my 2013 M135i on Bimmercode but apparently the iLevel is too low. 

Also, am thinking of changing the charge pipe etc to get ready for MHD Stage 2, does anyone have a goto workshop in Christchurch for this and the earlier purpose?

Thanks!

Just get the XHP TCU flash and enable launch control with that. 

Thanks!!

Maybe a stupid question, is it posible to code with MHD, xHP and Bimmercode on the vehicle ? Will there be conflict?

21 hours ago, Polignac said:

Thanks!!

Maybe a stupid question, is it posible to code with MHD, xHP and Bimmercode on the vehicle ? Will there be conflict?

No conflicts.

MHD is for flashing the ECU tune, XHP the TCU tune, Bimmercode doesn't do either of these, its more about coding 

Thank you!

So upon further digging, turns out upgrading the iLevel for Jap BMW imports may cause some modules to fail. So i guess it's a no go for launch control then.

Still looking for workshop that'll help with steering wheel + cruise control upgrade and maybe some performance tunings...

11 hours ago, Polignac said:

Thank you!

So upon further digging, turns out upgrading the iLevel for Jap BMW imports may cause some modules to fail. So i guess it's a no go for launch control then.

Still looking for workshop that'll help with steering wheel + cruise control upgrade and maybe some performance tunings...

Launch control isn't really needed, you can brake boost launch them pretty well and ones with launch control from the factory only let you do a certain amount of launch control launches anyway. 

Hennie at HSP Tuning in Auckland could probably help you with some things, he comes down to Christchurch sometimes. 

First thing you need to upgrade is your plastic charge pipe, it'll break even at stock boost.