Sign in to follow this  
TronSpec

92 non-vanos M50 2.5 swap

Just get the exhaust manifold made out of "U" bends, perfect for this application, you don't need to use steam pipe.And some pics please!

Just get the exhaust manifold made out of "U" bends, perfect for this application, you don't need to use steam pipe.And some pics please!

f**k

I'm trying to put pics up and it's say's that my global space has run out . what the f**k?

f**k

I'm trying to put pics up and it's say's that my global space has run out . what the f**k?

These pics are only about 300 and something kb

Okay I'm a newbie

Waiting around while recruiting help from the neighbours.

Tight as fit. Only about 45mm clearance from my modified e21 320i brake booster. Used e28 cylindrical rubber mount's. Sump and oil pan clear by heaps so didn't need to use spacers at all. Putting it on a trailer this afternoon and taking it to the engineers so here can make me a custom rear gearbox crossmember and mount and also need him to make me an exhaust manifold that will bolt up to my exisiting 2.5" stainless exhaust.

Still don't know what I want to do as far as the wiring goe's. I'm thinking about getting the wiring adaptor from treehouseracing.com or just getting a auto sparkie to connect it up. What's everybody's thought's on this. the cheapest I can get the adaptor off jon is $349 usd. f**kin expensive if you ask me but sh*t what do I know about wiring.......

sh*t What's with the new attachment limit's. You want pic's??? I can only get one to upload???

Anyone know of a good program for downsizing files?

post-746-1152827244_thumb.jpg

Okay I'm a newbie

Waiting around while recruiting help from the neighbours.

Tight as fit. Only about 45mm clearance from my modified e21 320i brake booster.

Thats not tight!! 5mm is tight!!!

Still don't know what I want to do as far as the wiring goe's. I'm thinking about getting the wiring adaptor from treehouseracing.com or just getting a auto sparkie to connect it up. What's everybody's thought's on this. the cheapest I can get the adaptor off jon is $349 usd. f**kin expensive if you ask me but sh*t what do I know about wiring.......

Search the net, I have seen may wiring diagrams to make your own adaptor, the THR one is nice in that it's plug'n'play but of course you pay through the nose for it.

Fixed the attachment issue -

And here is a thread that will help with wiring

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=45442

Yeah man I've read that bloody thread like 50 time's. Heaps of off topic bullshit but if you look hard enough you can find very usefull information. Basically done my whole swap using this as a resource.

Thanks Andrew

Got All my wiring completed today. Wee bit of a mission but saved me $500 on a adaptor from the state's. If my wiring diagram is accurate then I should be firing her up tommorow morning... Because I'm a dumbass and don't know sh*t I just had to whip the motor and box out and put in a spigot bearing that I forgot when I first dropped the motor in. Today was a good day though as I need a few things that I didn't do on the first go round... It's a learning expereince that's forshore.

Trailer it to the engineer's on monday and get my extractor's made up and gearbox crossmember modded a bit. Hopefully driving it by the end of the week all going to plan......

post-746-1155360866_thumb.jpg

post-746-1155360918_thumb.jpg

post-746-1155361081_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrHamWallet

Because I'm a dumbass and don't know sh*t I just had to whip the motor and box out and put in a spigot bearing that I forgot when I first dropped the motor in.

But now that you have nearly completed the job, you are much less of a dumbass than you would have been, if you had given it to someone else to do for you- well done! And I have seen that adaptor, plug and play maybe, but a couple of hours with a soldering iron and a diagram makes sense to me if it saves you $500. Where did you get the "M Power" cam cover from? Looks like the American M3 one, a nice touch for sure.

Plastic M Power cam cover is from a guy that work's at jerry clayton in aux.

He had it on trademe and I had no cover and these only go on the m3 or non vanos m50 so snatched it up. Cleans the engine bay up heaps... A bit wank wank I know as it's no s50 but :finger: I like it... :D

If you want to do something less wank-wank, I'll swap it for a stock unit!

Seriously though any factory or OEM performance parts are more desirable than aftermarket parts.[wheels being the exception to this rule]

your car looks really great

Thanks

:D I'll swap it for your corvette . That thing is f**kin staunch as....

Edited by MrHamWallet