Choo

Bluetooth audio problem on my f20

Hello there,

I'd appreciate some advice on a Bluetooth audio problem I'm facing.

Bluetooth audio suddenly stopped working properly a few weeks ago. Spotify, podcast apps all don't play but phone calls work. I use an android phone. 

I've tried: resetting the idrive, deleting then reconnecting the car in my phone Bluetooth menu, deleting my phone from the car Bluetooth menu, and yes I have checked volume control too. Tried to use my VIN to download a software update but the BMW website didn't recognise it. 

Any ideas for what else I can try? 

I'm just about to give up and buy a cable to plug into the aux port. 

Thank you very much for any advice you could provide. 

If the BT connection is still available it looks like a phone issue. Perhaps there's been a phone OS update or the BT profile has changed. That's where I would be looking.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, freaknout said:

If the BT connection is still available it looks like a phone issue. Perhaps there's been a phone OS update or the BT profile has changed. That's where I would be looking.

I don't remember when my phone OS updated but weirdly the phone still connects to other bluetooth devices just not my car. Also, I tried my work iPhone and that too did not play audio. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Edited by Choo

15 hours ago, Choo said:

I don't remember when my phone OS updated but weirdly the phone still connects to other bluetooth devices just not my car. Also, I tried my work iPhone and that too did not play audio. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

You said in your opening post that you could still make phone calls via BT? Or have I misunderstood?

If you can still connect to the car via BT (with voice calls) then if you've the option enabled it's likely a setting in the car or phone somewhere.

• Like 1

Have you checked the in the settings of the phone. You can turn bt audio off in there.

Screenshot_20240120_140600_Settings.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try to dig deeper in the phone's bluetooth settings..