Neil McCauley

Absolutely mega spec F31 330dX

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/330d/listing/4536568597

Can't be too many cars with steering wheel heating AND rear seat heating! Perfect for the drive up to the Remarks.

Very keen to hear from owners whom have gone from M57 to N57, and whether I'm going to miss much by not holding out for an N57 335d? Especially as I've got a Racechip GTS just sitting on the shelf doing nothing. cc @balancerider

• Thanks 1

I do love me an F31 - that one is quite an early build with the small iDrive wheel...other things missing that come on the newer NZ new cars are the park assist (maybe only on the LCI cars) and speed limit info. You'll struggle to find a 335d as well specced as that (normally poverty pack UK lease cars, a bunch didn't even have LED headlights). Personally I found the 30d 'felt' faster when test driving, i think because of the big torque slug as the single turbo came on boost, the 35d is much more progressive. 30d a bit less thirsty as well. Be worth getting them to screenshot the idrive service history - not infallible but I'd feel happier with a car that's stayed in the dealer network for a while (and ideally not had 30k km between oil changes)

• Like 2