Does anyone have recommendations', for one of the head units that replace the I Drive in an e87? I need Android Auto capability. If anyone has one they want to sell or know of a good deal I am all ears. FYI my 130i already has an Xtrons system that sort of works, but I cannot find the proprietary USB cables to use android Auto. If anyone can help me with cables that may be a solution. I am aware that many of the units are similar but are just sold with different brand names. 

FWIW, and as late as this is, I'm still happy 4.5 years into my Avin USA 10.25" dashtop unit ownership. It runs Android and automatically tethers to my phone so I don't need Android Auto, I have a full Android desktop and app store.

I think mine is Android 10 or 11, not sure about upgrades so in 10 years or so I might be screwed.

If you go this route get as much RAM as you can.

• Like 1

I went and bought a new unit. It uses Linux instead of android. It still allows you to use android Auto or Apple Carplay. It allows a connection to the original BMW software so you can use this set the temp, playe the radio, check the oil etc. It hasn't arrived yet but I will do a review when it does. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2024 at 9:06 PM, Herbmiester said:

I went and bought a new unit. It uses Linux instead of android. It still allows you to use android Auto or Apple Carplay. It allows a connection to the original BMW software so you can use this set the temp, playe the radio, check the oil etc. It hasn't arrived yet but I will do a review when it does. 

Does it use the factory screen?