Toksis

Transmission Shake (like you hit something) While pressing Brakes D will Blink.

Since last year , I have this experience that when I pressed my brake hard on the while waiting for the traffic light to turn green, randomly I get this shake like somebody hit you at the back. And when I accelerate, I will experience this thud and you feel like you hit something and the rpm goes very high then it will catch up after the slip. Then this month, it became occasionally and no longer intermitent. When you  hold  and press the  brake and your Transmission is in D or DS, The car shake many times and I noticed the D or DS will blink. I tried to to do the manual steptronic. So it will go to 5th to 6th gear then suddenly it will go to DS and slip. And you are in brake in the traffic light and when you accelerate , thud and No power at all like a neutral.

I was thingking the torque converter is damage. But there is no CEL. Then I checked you tube and maybe it is the IGNITION COIL has lots of signal interference that it will affect the Transmission Module to lost connection. 

But I bought a new set delphi 2 years ago so it must still be good so I suspect that the Neutral Idle Control is not working properly. Last nice I decided to remove the ignition coil, clean the harness, spray it with an electric cleaner and randomly place back all the ignition coil. Tested it and after 5 minutes of driving, the symptoms reoccure and got worst. 

So I decided why not put all my original Ignition coil back to my car. I did that and test and BOOM everything works perfectly now. (FIXED)

I thought DELPHI coils are good? damage less than years? Weird.

Oh, it has a 2DCA Egs no connection thingy error but it will not cause the engine light to switch on.

coil2.jpg

coil1.jpg

Edited by E90 learner
minor corrections

The answer is scan it with a proper tool :)

My c250 did this a few years ago on the motorway once or twice and felt like we had been hit from behind it was so hefty. Nothing came up on the scanner at Auckland Mercedes so they replaced the crank sensor anyway and it fixed the issue. Replaced under their warranty, followed by a major component of the radar system replaced under their warranty a year later by them. A couple of pretty bad experiences with them if anyone asks!

@Jacko I have the bmw software scanner Ista and c310 scanner. Only egs 2dca(No signal detected).

@nath - oh crank sensor also do that?! Mine as stated, my delphi ignition coil failed after a year and a half  just driving from home to office like 5km away.

Edited by E90 learner