Sign in to follow this  
isis

Thieves at Botany town centre

after a fun night out with my cousins..walking back to the car and found his skyline driver window smashed to bits.

A flip out lcd head unit was damaged because these moronic creatures couldn't figure how to dismantle it and just pull the screen out of the socket.

radar detector, g-force computer and a sub was stolen.

damage total at almost 3k!

not bad considering they were drinking Corona's while completing the job!

thumbs up to the patroling security at Botany!!

So beware of where you're parked..we were parked under a lamp pole in eye view of the cock n bull!

I reckon once caught, all fingers should be smashed to bits and removed

hey sh*t happens, join the club.

kill em all i say

But leaving a radar detector in a car on the street is like leaving a pile of $20 bills on the dash... begging for it.

I agree.

Hope he had insurance.

Cheers

Grant

Yeah they're all scum.

But leaving a radar detector in a car on the street is like leaving a pile of $20 bills on the dash... begging for it.

And leaving other valuables in the car...

Alarm with glass break sensor woulda helped too.

Were they tinted windows? Because that makes it a little harder to break in.

I would hve thought tints increase the liklihood of being broken into , if they cant see anything they will assume its there.

Next point is, tints muffle the sound of the glass breaking which ultimately can make glass break sensors useless.

Yeah they're all scum.

And leaving other valuables in the car...

Alarm with glass break sensor woulda helped too.

Were they tinted windows? Because that makes it a little harder to break in.

Other valuables yes, but radar detectors in particular are a very 'liquid' commodity, they are easy to sell for cash on the black market & thieves will go looking for them.

Radar detector on the dash is more attractive than a laptop on the front seat.

alarm definately went off as it had a glass sensor.

windows had a slight tint.

i guess passer by just pass through..

yea i said it was quite dumb leaving the detector on the front screen..but i guess it's also a real pain to take it off and on again..oh well..

Insurance will cover some of it i think.

after a fun night out with my cousins..walking back to the car and found his skyline driver window smashed to bits.

A flip out lcd head unit was damaged because these moronic creatures couldn't figure how to dismantle it and just pull the screen out of the socket.

radar detector, g-force computer and a sub was stolen.

damage total at almost 3k!

not bad considering they were drinking Corona's while completing the job!

thumbs up to the patroling security at Botany!!

So beware of where you're parked..we were parked under a lamp pole in eye view of the cock n bull!

I reckon once caught, all fingers should be smashed to bits and removed

Yeah nothing like the good old security patrol contractors. My Dad is one so thumbs up Botany guys. Bit of a shame but i guess its human nature

Andy have you changed your name to e30stz with a capital E?

I would hve thought tints increase the liklihood of being broken into , if they cant see anything they will assume its there.

Next point is, tints muffle the sound of the glass breaking which ultimately can make glass break sensors useless.

yeah dennis, how do tints make it harder to break in? i'm intrigued.

they make it easier to clean up the glass afterwards, i know that much.

I was under the impression that it makes it more effort taking the broken window out?

Either way you got a broken window.

At least they didnt drill the lock. Those kits are pricey.

yeah dennis, how do tints make it harder to break in? i'm intrigued.
From what I remember of having my alarm installed, when glass is broken, the sound it makes is at a particular sound frequency; the glass sensor is designed to pick up sounds making this frequency.

Windows with tints that are smashed have a different sound frequency, and the frequency made is different to the one the sensor is designed to pick up. Result? It doesn't go off... bugger... certainly made me think twice about tints, but I need to get the $ together and discuss it with the tinter (whoever it will be...)

The sound is more muffled since the fragments are kept together (and quieter, which is why burgulars tape a window up before braking it- you can tell I'm a London boy, can't ya? lol).

You're on the money regarding tints making the window break sensor fail to go off.

At one stage there a company marketing a tint-like prodct that was supposed to deter theives as it was made the window harder to break (absorbed impact) and the window stayed in place even after it did break held together by the rather robust film.

All thieves had to do was whack the window a bit harder or use a heavier object, then take a stanley knife and cut a neat hole in the film and remove the window in one piece - easier than without the film as less noise and no mess.