Sign in to follow this  
jom

E36 Jatco gearbox mount

Mine recently split and failed the WoF. I could source one from BMW (ex Germany) for $800, and I found one on ebay  in Wales for $500.... If I had the ZF (Getrag?) auto box the two cotton reel mounts are about $15 each... Luckily my mechanic (the ever resourceful Jon) had a second hand one.

As the Jatco box is standard on Nissans, I thought that it might be cheaper to source from there, but my local Nissan dealer is very uncommunicative...

Any Nissan experts out there? There are two numbers on the mount -  1093593 and 742669-5. I've done the usual googling, only the Welsh part came up, and I've tried to find my way around Nissan parts lists, but couldn't really get into them.

And yes I know the standard answer is fit a manual - funds at the moment don't allow it....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jom said:

Mine recently split and failed the WoF. I could source one from BMW (ex Germany) for $800, and I found one on ebay  in Wales for $500.... If I had the ZF (Getrag?) auto box the two cotton reel mounts are about $15 each... Luckily my mechanic (the ever resourceful Jon) had a second hand one.

As the Jatco box is standard on Nissans, I thought that it might be cheaper to source from there, but my local Nissan dealer is very uncommunicative...

Any Nissan experts out there? There are two numbers on the mount -  1093593 and 742669-5. I've done the usual googling, only the Welsh part came up, and I've tried to find my way around Nissan parts lists, but couldn't really get into them.

And yes I know the standard answer is fit a manual - funds at the moment don't allow it....

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=e58adf53c043c182&rlz=1C1GIWA_enNZ599NZ599&sxsrf=ADLYWIJvdgOsbqokhpI552T4XHE-NvcxKA:1721182121940&q=24701093593&source=lnms&fbs=AEQNm0AeMNWKf4PpcKMI-eSa16lJoRPMIuyspCxWO6iZW9F1Ns6EVsgc0W_0xN47PHaanAEtg26fpfc9gg2y1-ZsywNNidIzOA0khSyMN51n7r3LlCN1M2Qvu76xqhq8ZDzUz3QjRfF2HLyV2ldaCxuWbSUHZYxzFFv154NlyEUW1OeFwXcGcSyQr3pVDFp-PfYkJR9qH_De_cBIcEiN4tQKcLlPz-MFxQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwig-eKH_6yHAxVXzjgGHVgkAWkQ0pQJegQIDRAB&biw=1653&bih=782&dpr=1.13

probably have used one as well if needed

Thanks! Amazing, I only spent 2 days looking... I'm still wondering if it's actually a Nissan part.