Sign in to follow this  
ZCoupe

Run Flat Tyres

If anyone has recently replaced their RFTs on a G20 series (especially 330e) I'd love to hear your views on what was offered and and whether you found a good option. The retailers seem to have narrowed down to three choices;

1. GoodYear Eagle F1 Aysmetric 3 (my current tyres)

2. Continental Sport Contract 5 (first released in 2011...)

3. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ZP

I'm reading that RFTs have improved significantly in terms of comfort/noise performance due to innovations in the side wall construction. But I'm worried that the tyres I'm being offered are the old designs...?

The Pzero runflats which are OE on the G20 have a mixed reputation. Pilot Sport 5 would be be my go to in the 225/40/19 and 255/35/19 sizes. Sport contact 7 would be a sportier alternative, but will probably only last half as long.

On 9/20/2024 at 11:07 AM, ZCoupe said:

If anyone has recently replaced their RFTs on a G20 series (especially 330e) I'd love to hear your views on what was offered and and whether you found a good option. The retailers seem to have narrowed down to three choices;

1. GoodYear Eagle F1 Aysmetric 3 (my current tyres)

2. Continental Sport Contract 5 (first released in 2011...)

3. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ZP

I'm reading that RFTs have improved significantly in terms of comfort/noise performance due to innovations in the side wall construction. But I'm worried that the tyres I'm being offered are the old designs...?

Interesting - I have an F31 with same wheel sizes and in terms of runflat options, have only been offered Potenza S001's (which are the same as what I have) and the Michelins. The PS4 ZP isn't star marked but looks the best of the crop. The Conti's actually have OK reviews but have never been the stock tire for the G2x series, they are for the F3x cars. You should be able to get Turanza T005's from a Bridgestone dealer but I think all of the other options are preferable to those. Look for 93Y/96Y load / speed ratings for the G2x.

On 9/20/2024 at 11:07 AM, ZCoupe said:

If anyone has recently replaced their RFTs on a G20 series (especially 330e) I'd love to hear your views on what was offered and and whether you found a good option. 

What tyres are you running on it at the moment? Happy with those or you need to change?

Check with you local BMW dealer, they should be able to offer you the Bridgestones as they were a factory option. 
They seemed pretty good on the 3 Series I have driven.