Brianr70

CM Vehicle Inspection report????

Haven't heard of this particular one but seems similar to a few scams that have been doing the rounds. Usually a "potential buyer" will message you, come across as really interested in the car you're selling then ask for a [insert random abbreviation] Report as a pre-requisite for purchase. They'll spin a yarn how that's a deal breaker for them and how for whatever stupid reason they can't run and pay for the report themselves "because it's not their car" and how you're the one that needs to do it. What this basically does is feed your credit card info into their system and they then use if to empty your bank account or sell it off on the dark web...

They tried to rope me into one of these one time, was some Canadian website with a similar layout. Not 100% certain that this is what it is but one red flag that sticks out is they just give a whole street as their address without a street number. Seems a fair bit of effort put into the website though - detailed enough to come across as somewhat legit, vague enough to not lead to anywhere in particular.

If that sounds like a familiar scenario then whatever you do don't put your bank info anywhere near that website. If a buyer wants a report then they can pay for it themselves.

• Like 2

Was thinking the same if they want it they pay for it.

• Like 1

whereas I used it (not CM Inspections) in reverse - where scammers were saying they wanted to buy my car (TradeMe listing) and have it shipped abroad... (all an elaborate scam to get access to my bank accounts), I said the only way I'd agree to it - to minimise their risk and give them certainty about what they were buying - was for me to deliver the car to the vehicle inspection service of their choice, and they should pay for it so that it's independent... I had them on the hook for a couple more days.  Caaaants.

• Like 1

have a vehicle on Fbook at the mo and only inquiries at the mo and from scammers asking for a vehicle report - using a number of scam websites 🤣