Bmwfan87

Rattling when cold / idle

20 minutes ago, KwS said:

Its all about warranty claims.

Yer crazy I called another garage today they said 5k to do a basic job. I’m so fed up lol I’m looking at a few BMW 130s and 320s 530s 

Don't look at 2005-2012 320's, they've got the same shitty engine. In fact, don't look at any BMW that's not a straight 6.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vass said:

Don't look at 2005-2012 320's, they've got the same shitty engine. In fact, don't look at any BMW that's not a straight 6.

What ones and years are the straight 6 

On 10/21/2024 at 2:15 PM, Bmwfan87 said:

Gheez.  Anyone in Wellington willing to assist? Or any recommendations? 

Hi There, Just checking, are you asking for someone to help you do the work,  or are you asking someone's to do it for you?

How many km's has the car done?

I’m not great at fixing them, what would you charge inc the Valve stem seals etc? 

117k kms

Also I’m looking at a Staight six 325 cabriolet 2002, or a 130 2005-2009 also looking at 5 series 2005-2009 

Edited by Bmwfan87

1 hour ago, Spinner99 said:

Hi There, Just checking, are you asking for someone to help you do the work,  or are you asking someone's to do it for you?

How many km's has the car done?

117k kms

Thanks - sorry if I missed it in the thread, do you know what engine is in it?  e.g. N43, N45 ?  if not can you PM me the rego or VIN and I can find it from there.  Will have a look over the weekend and come back to you.

1 minute ago, Spinner99 said:

Thanks - sorry if I missed it in the thread, do you know what engine is in it?  e.g. N43, N45 ?  if not can you PM me the rego or VIN and I can find it from there.  Will have a look over the weekend and come back to you.

Done.