adro

E46 HID bulbs

Hi, my drivers headlight has turned a purple colour so I’m looking to get a new set of bulbs. Has anyone been there done that and have some recommendations? My car is a 2002 E46 FL. 

54076536344_d202f952cb_b.jpg

Phillips and Osram seem to be noted as the best but come at a premium, is the GEN2 Phillips D2S bulb worth it?

Any retailer recommended over what google produces? 

https://www.ledperf.co.nz/philips-d2s-xtremevision-gen2-85v-certified-35w-xenon-bulb-p-109884.html?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwjsi4BhB5EiwAFAL0YMFyzy92SmVItWnoK2yN6PTDeOxjMfuVvVCVt2xzFlWLJCEOgNgC3hoCEI0QAvD_BwE

Marimoto do a kit with bulbs and ballasts but I’m wondering if this will cause me WOF issues? 

https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-elite-d2s-hid-system?quantity=1

cheers. 

Standard Gen1? 35W Philips D2S bulb 4200k is about $60 trade via the local supplier. Could probably get you a couple. Dont know what Gen 1 vs Gen 2 differences are.

Never heard of Morimoto but personally i dont see the point in above given all the unknown variables and your working system.

Not that I needed them but got myself a pair of Maxgear bulbs off Spareto, at 9 EUR a piece I just wanted to see what they were like. Couldn't tell you how they compare brightness or longevity wise to premium brands but look good enough to me. Not something I can justify paying 5x for a pair of bulbs.

20240515_082358.thumb.jpg.305f13c8fd9c070aca1a999b0d3d2643.jpg

When it comes to ordering from Ledperf, don't expect a quick delivery. Put in my first ever order with them for some chrome indicator bulbs on the 2nd of October, got a shipping notification on the 4th and haven't gotten a single tracking update since. Coming up to 3 weeks now and no idea where the shipment has gotten to or when I'll receive it... 

Thanks guys, appreciate your experiences. I tracked down Pan Pacific Auto locally but they are wholesale so have got A1 auto electrical to order them for me. Appreciate the offer to help me out @Eagle, if I were local to you I would take you up on it. 
Cheers, A. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adro said:

Pan Pacific Auto

Yeah where we get them from.