Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Jungle Part 4

What ya study? Even though I've just bought my car I've been driving in and pay $5 parking at that lawn bowls club just before the on-ramp just past the new biz building. Parked free today with yesterdays ticket ha.

ASB overdraft and visa owns :D

update:

replaced control arm (will do the other soon...its handy having a few lying around)

installed getrag 245 dogleg and small case 3.23 LSD...its ok...maybe just feels slow after 300hp?

paint on the front is getting worse...the respray must have been rubbish as the paint just chips..now got a nice one on the bonnet too. ah well.

think thats about all for now...until i get serious enough to have something serious to repower it or just buy an e36 M3 Evo. who knows?

also, anyone know the rules for WOF with no rear seats and belts..could just put them back in but might try without anyway

ll for now...until i get serious enough to have something serious to repower it or just buy an e36 M3 Evo. who knows?

also, anyone know the rules for WOF with no rear seats and belts..could just put them back in but might try without anyway

From memory, unless it was registered before 1979? I think? then it needs seatbelts all round. Not sure of the exact date/year but was definitely before your car was made.

"All you need is a class change, don't get cert for seat removal."

I've done the same, and went to VTNZ yesterday as I figured the class change was on the rego side of things.

There they told me that it's just changed on the wof. No. of seats: 2.

Talking to a few other people, general consensus is that most wof testing officers will want to see the seatbelt mounting holes covered. (I've chucked blanking grommets over them) And that it's simple to go to 2 seat, difficult to go back to 4/5. I guess that's something to do with the whole 'cannot use secondhand seatbelts' thing. I wouldn't imagine there's any issue of re-certing required for the original seatbelt mounts but you never know.

I guess if you want to sell it at any point as a standard car with 4 seats, or would want to revert back to 4 seats, then chuck them back in, otherwise just present it. fitting the seats then removing them after the wof *could* cause you problems down the road if you get some anal cop going over you with a fine tooth comb just because they can....

I'm hopefully, pending if I get sufficient time for a decent lunch break, going for a wof today, will no doubt see what happens in a few hours

Edited by CaM

sweet...sounds like its easier just to chuck em back in for the WOF.

fun!

Yup. saves face for future if you put it all back in etc.

I'll let you know how I get on with mine this afternoon. dropping the car round the corner at lunchtime. hopefully these dudes aren't cocks about anything!

how do you get on with stripped interior? notice much more 'cabin heat'?

Was in a mega hurry when I picked my car up so didn't take any notice whether I had the wof checksheet or not, so may have to pick it up tomorrow.

Nothing was said bout the lack of rear seats. Will have to find out whether or not it was noted on the checksheet tomorrow...

andys car..turbo 318iS..its around 260

Best M325i I've ever raced.

I think you should buy it back for a rematch.