Sign in to follow this  
sven007

Base control Module

I own a BMW 318is E36 model and I went to have my alarm installed yesterday(Uniden VS2600XR). Lef it overnight and find out today that the professional installer cannot get it done unless I buy a new Base control Module!! Guess how much $700! he couldnt find out why until he had phoned BMW Wellington, BMW Europe and then BMW Germany to find the final answer... That my Module is not allowing a signal to the Alarm.!! Arrh! I cant afford $700 just for a module! Adive advice please!

probably have one . call me , where is it fitted in the car . have wrecked 97 316i 95 318 , 94 318ti , 91 320i , 92 320ci .

021433600 ah is best

It is under the dashboard, It is the main control function for all the electrics eg airbags, windows etc. Will give you a call if you kind of know what im talking about lol.

Sounds like a bit of a story to me. I would personally take it to another Alarm

installer.

If the module had a fault, you would most likely find that some functions that it controls were not working.

Its more than likely that these people are confuesed by the inputs and outputs of the GM (General Module) Control unit they want you to replace.

We get it all the time at work, customers get alarms fitted by people that have no idea what they are dealing with and it creates alot of problems.

Hi AntonyG, Cheers I am planning on getting some other alarm installers to do the job. Are they actually allowed to charge you a small fee of labour even if they are unable to install the alarm for your car as a part is required which they cannot get?

Thanks

I would probably tell them that you want to wait and see what the other alarm installers have to say about it. If it actually does need a module then they probably should get payed something for their time, upto you though.

You might find that this other company can get it all wired up and working, in which case the first company shouldnt get anything as they are clearly incompetent. :finger: Why pay someone to do something when they have no knowledge of what they are doing.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on :thumb:

Antz