Sign in to follow this  
Steve K-B

E30 M3 interior into 325i E30?

Hey all,

Ive some how managed to get all leather seats, headliner, mirror and the rest of the interior minus the carpet and dash out of an E30 left hand drive M3. Id be dead keen to stick the black headliner, seats and possably the mirror into my 325.

Im just not to sure on the headliner as the m3 i think has a diffrent roof pattern at the rear. Im hoping that because the rear C pillars extended from the bottom on the m3 rather than the top that the headliner should still fit, if you get what i mean :blink: But the C pillar part of the head liner would definatly be to big so if i can ill cut it to fit. (if i can do it :wacko: )

The mirror on the m3 has map lights and again im not sure if my wiering harnes will have that option, any way im sure that part wont be to hard and im hoping the seats are the same.

Ohh, ive also got an on bord computer to go inplace of my analogue clock. I rember seeing on the web that there was a way to install it but i cant find it. Also because its from an m3 it may not work proply with the diffrent engine and all anyway. http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/obc.html <-------- that web site seems to no about it.

Has any body tryed and suceded/failed at any of this? :bounce:

steve you noob.

click the right buttons...

haha

seats should be sweet

dunno bout headliner

map mirror is easy, hook it up to run off your check control

can give a hand if you want

tough!

OBC is easy, yellow plug in behind main instrument cluster, some other plugs into connector box behind cubby etc. I will try to unearth my spare OBC's from the container and post pics of what plugs go where..

Will

Guest Spargo

I will pay good money for the rear seat if its leather - it will look silly in your 4dr Steve.

Are they diffrent between 2 and 4 door?? Or are you just trying to convince me of selling it to you? l :lol:

This mirror is being an absolute bitch. I think is drawing to much power and blowing fuses. It works for a second then blows, no matter what im runing it of on the check control . I think ill have to run it off the interior lights at the rear...

And after looking again at the front seats if i want to use them ill have to get them fixed for a couple of rips :(

first pic is pretty obvious, yellow plug goes in behind the instrument cluster, 2 green plugs into the control unit which is part of inbuilt immobiliser, and last plug into the chime unit which will sound off if the outside temp is low enough for there to be ice on the road etc...

next is the single long wire which plugs into the special indicator stalk that comes with having the OBC. It allows you to page through the OBC functions by pushing the stalk inwards. Not necessary to fit but nice to have...

next one is the 2 plugs that go into the big white plug that sits behind the cubby hole up high just next to where the main loom comes through the firewall. These plugs will ONLY fit into one spot in the big plug, so don't worry about which one they fit into... if they go in they will be right. And the brown wire goes to the common earth point which is in this area behind the cubby.

this is the bit that goes through the firewall. Punch out one of the pre-marked bits on the large rubber grommet that the main loom comes through and pull it through. The plug shown here I think goes to another hooter (if my memory serves me correctly) but was unconnected on the car I took this from, so is not really necessary IMO...

Last is the 2 plugs on the end of the external loom. One is for the external temp sensor and the other for the hooter which is part of the OBC immobiliser, so is not really necessary if you don't intend to use the immobiliser... it is a pretty useless immobiliser so I wouldn't bother with it.

Sorry about taking so long with the pics but had to find the bits, my camera, the lead to download to my computer etc.... my life at the moment consists of digging through cardboard boxes... :lol:

Any uncertainties just ask......

Will

Are they diffrent between 2 and 4 door?? Or are you just trying to convince me of selling it to you?  :lol: 

Sam is just being Sam as usual, he wants it so the bullsh*t starts flowing.... :D

BTW, have you fixed my car yet Sam??? :blink:

Thanks for your awesome posts topless! Couldnt have asked for anything better. :)

Mirror is in and working well now for the OBC. Will let you now how it goes

OK, after having a good look at it all the chip in the back of the OBC, its the wrong type (3-1.1TYP instead of 3-1.2TYP) So i assume that all the reading will be incorect and possably in Miles instead of kms. All the buttons are in Miles also...

Will, do you know what the dial at the back of the OBC is for? its was pointed at 30 when it came out of the car. Theres CH30, 30, 60 and CH60.

Im still dead keen to get a OBC into my car but if its the wrong type im not going to bother with it. Ill have to try and get another one i think. :(

Sam is just being Sam as usual, he wants it so the bullsh*t starts flowing.... :D

No he is right, the four door has rounded ends on the lower seat squab so you can get in the back easier, on the two door they are squared off. still fits though.

No he is right, the four door has rounded ends on the lower seat squab so you can get in the back easier, on the two door they are squared off. still fits though.
yup spot on

all 3 obc's I have are set on 30, not ch30 or 60. should still work if they are in miles..? put it in anyway and replace the obc module if it doesn't, then wiring will be the same.

yea, know about the rear seat difference but have never worried about it as I never carry passengers normally. just winding 'ol Sam up anyway.. :o

Guest Spargo

I didn't post any misinformation, but that doesn't seem to have got me any closer to my M3 backseat <_<

I'm going to put german stamped glass into her Will, just to spite you. Unless you've got some green tinted "sekurit" for me?

I'm going to put german stamped glass into her Will, just to spite you. Unless you've got some green tinted "sekurit" for me?

Not sure Sam, I have a few 2door glasses but can't get to them at the moment as they are well buried in the container. When I get them out I will check and let you know and we can swap if I find one. Not having a garage sucks... :banghead:

Guest Spargo

Sweet, cheers mate. How is the moisture seal attatched to the door? Any adhesive will do to reattach?

How is the moisture seal attatched to the door?

if you are talking about the one for the window, it is normally not glued in and relies on its width and pressure from the glass to hold it in place, but they do sometimes move and then just use cotact adhesive or a bit of silicone adhesive to stick it in.

The one around the outside of the door frame fits in under a lip around the outside, no glue..