Sign in to follow this  
sik_bmw

ROTORY CONVERSION

i wanna put a rotary in my e36 anyone got an idea on prices for the total conversion including engine gearbox etc? or is it way too hard and should i stick to a simple 2.5l beema engine in it? its a 318 also i do know how to spell rotary cant edit title

Edited by sik_bmw

NA! NA! NA! NA! NA! NO WAY PUT A ROTARY IN A BMW STICK TO BMW GEAR AND ALLSO A ROTARY IN A E36 WOULDINT BE THAT COOL IN A E30 OR OLDER MAYBE

dont u rekn itd be unique tho man? how many others have u seen? i want sumin quick i rekn i could get hold of a 2.5 easy enuf but i want something that goes nutty as!

dont u rekn itd be unique tho man? how many others have u seen? i want sumin quick i rekn i could get hold of a 2.5 easy enuf but i want something that goes nutty as!

yea it would be unique but i dont think a rotary would be more hp than a bmw 2.5l unless u spent some good $bling$ on it but if u r real keen on a rota do it man but i still think e36+rotar=weird how much u looking at spending?

torque

you need it

go 2.8 m52....they go alright. and 5spd it

possibly sellable too?

my 318s already 5 speed which is good so how much could i get hold of a 28 m52 for do u rekn? also how much would that set me back?

as for financial situation im still at school but if its an ongoing project i can come up with the coin alrite so 3-4 grand what can i do for that money

my 318s already 5 speed which is good so how much could i get hold of a 28 m52 for do u rekn? also how much would that set me back?

as for financial situation im still at school but if its an ongoing project i can come up with the coin alrite so 3-4 grand what can i do for that money

cant use the same box, they different

3-4g?

nothing

take advice from people on here.....keep the car as it is..if you want to go fast in straight lines sell it and buy something else. best solution. if you like your bimmer, just look after it and enjoy it for what it is...further down the line look into selling and getting something else (like an e36 m3...they going for 20-30g now) and you will save yourself a lot of money, hassle AND looking back and thinking about how much of a tool you were

the problem with any car related enterprise is that there will always be things that you can't/don't forsee, which add to cost and time in large amounts

Model: BMW 3-Series Coupe

Speaking of E36 Rotarys, how many of you guys have seen this. The full article is here

Engine: 26B Four Rotor Twin Turbocharged

Engine Modifications: Fully prepared 26B four rotor engine (including dowelling and extend porting), custom inlet plenum chamber, twin Garrett T77 turbochargers, custom-made front-mounted intercooler, sixteen 2000cc injectors, Methanol fuel pumps, Microtech engine management system.

Driveline: Lenco air-shifted 5-speed gearbox, custom clutch, 9-Inch differential.

Suspension & Brakes: AllSprings Springs and Shocks (f), Spax Coilovers ®, Wilwood Rotors and Calipers (front and rear), parachute.

Performance: Estimated 1120rwkw (1500rwhp), expecting low seven second 1/4 mile times.

Wheels & Tyres: Weld Alumastars (f & r), Hoosier front runners (f), Mickey Thompson slicks ®.

post-5-1150752487.jpg

Edited by sakdbma

^^^^^^^ Those are some huge ass snails ^^^^^^^

The car is now running on a LARGER singe turbo system which it ran its best 1/4 mile E.T.A of 7.06 seconds! :drugs:

post-5-1150752608.jpg

e36 is a good looking car

keep it as is

pimp it with nice wheels and lower it please no big bore exhausts

good that its manual and gas prices are on the up stay with the 1.8 which i think is twin cam?and youl be savin alot and in the mean time you could still look good rolling out on nice(not chrome)wheels and have a good resale value later

now go have a :beer: and think about it :thumb:

3-4 g will get you a m52 2.8 and gearbox will feck-all left over to put it in. A m50b25 and box is 2g plus. (I know - I've been shopping for one for less than 2g forever and gotten nowhere).

I know it's easy for your mates to look at your car and go "it's slow - Put a rotor in it!" and then you look at the cost of a motor and think "easy"

The engine swap will cost 2 or 3 times the cost of the motor or more. A BMW engine swap can be done for around the same cost as the motor plus a wee bit - and that is doing some of the work yourself.

I'm no purist so I think a rotor'd e36 would be cool as something different, but trust me - you are better of selling the 318 and buying something with your extra cash that is quicker or keeping the 318 and just tastefully modding it. At least until you are working and can afford to do what you want - and insure it when it's done.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

cheers for the advice mate mite just stick do the 1.8l engine for now and work on other bits, will post some pics of my car later on

hey, whats wrong with chrome :o

my car doesn't look that bad on chrome does it ;)

gotta have something else to polish when i don't need to polish the paint,

do what ever ya fancy lol but yeh not alot of point in going and changing the engine and everything keep the engine standard and buy yourself a racecar :)

yea it would be unique but i dont think a rotary would be more hp than a bmw 2.5l unless u spent some good $bling$ on it but if u r real keen on a rota do it man but i still think e36+rotar=weird how much u looking at spending?

I'm confused....

how many "stock" E36 2.5 litre engines roll out of the factory with at least 230bhp.

The RX8 N/A Renesis engine is around the 230bhp mark, and the most common motor, the FD or JC Cosmo 13Btt is somewhere between 250 and 280 BHP in stock trim. Obviously without the stock exhaust, the turbo engines would probably gain a few HP.

yes. buy a racecar.....

zomg n00b.

well it's not like u can drive ur car fast on the street anyway, and its gonna cost a fair bit of money to make a 318 fast...

yes. buy a racecar.....

zomg n00b.

well it's not like u can drive ur car fast on the street anyway, and its gonna cost a fair bit of money to make a 318 fast...
yes but hes talking about engine swaps. And why not have a quick road car?

Swapping a chook engine into an E36 would be cool as hell. If you don't care about resale just do it. As the Monkey said when he pissed into the cash register "This is going to run into money" Paying a professional [including Motor & Box] Could cost you as much as another E36 Beemer again. If your Car is freehold, Try and trade up into the car of your dreams [it's cheaper, and easier to pay off a car,than to save for,or restore/build one]Plus you get to use it, instead off having it in bits laying around while you use ya ol' lady's Charade.

Now I've said my common sense bit. . . . . Lets look at the want factor [That E36 Twin Turbo'd Chook Engine HMMMMMMMMMM!]

Here one someone prepared earlier, a twin turbo quad rotor chook cooker in an E36 (probably twin intercoolers too just for added wank value I imagine!) Takes ages to download, don't try this on dialup!

Edited by conrod

get a mazda.